• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speaker locations?????

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Has anyone mounted 6"X9" speakers in a 8" center console that the vendors sell? Interior deminsions are 7.5" wide x 16" plus on some of the consoles.10" wide console would mess up the location of the seatbelts that are bolted down to the stock bolt location. I know I would lack storage space, but I don't know were else to place these speakers. The rollbar speaker bars are looking really good right now. A friend is coming buy today to check out speaker locations.
Please advise masters' of Bronco knowledge!!

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
check the post titled " lets see your 73 bronco rangers " in this chat section. There is a photo on one of the posts with a custom speaker mount under the rear seat. I did the same thing for my bronco 10 years ago. works out slick. I need to build a new box though. Its the sixth post down of a baby blue bronco

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I just installed the panels in the rear and mounted the speakers in there.

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 568
  • speakers2.jpg
    speakers2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 459

Heus33

Bronco Guru

Are those the plastic quarter panels? Thats what I'm putting in mine and was wondering if they'd be able to support 6x9s or 6.5s.

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
There are tons of options, not all of them great but then again we are not dealing with an acoustically idea situation in our EBs. First - you looking for front or rear speaker locations? or will these be your only ones? For 6x9s the best options for me are on the side panels as 66AlRide did, place them toward the front if your roll bar allows OR built enclosures to fit under your stock rear seat firing forward. 6.5" opens a few more options like kick panel enclosures or hidden under the dash.
If $$ is a concern I'd just built some panels in the back if you dont already have them and mount them in there.

I'm about to build a box for under my rear seat that will house a 10" and 2 6x9s. should get to work on it this weekend. good luck

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Are those the plastic quarter panels? Thats what I'm putting in mine and was wondering if they'd be able to support 6x9s or 6.5s.

They are the plastic ones. They seem flimsy, but once screwed in will be plenty to hold the speakers.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Did the same thing in the rear panels. I used the aluminum diamond plate versions and then had tan Linex applied which eliminated the diamond plate pattern (a good thing) and also stiffened them up. I then applied Dynamat to the back side of the panels. Quite strong.

Attachments

• DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 712

canadian broco

I'm about to build a box for under my rear seat that will house a 10" and 2 6x9s. should get to work on it this weekend. good luck

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Could you post pics when you're done? Anyone else with boxes under the rear seat with pics?

OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ

That looks great, nice and custom look that you and everyone else have done, problem is I'm going without the side panels in the bed of the EB. Is that subwoofer or a huge fan in the second pic? LOL. Your neighbors are going to hate you. Nice custom rollbar as well. Going to use TBP tumble seat in the back bed,so under the seat location is out.
Going to take a ride to a couple car stereo installers and pick their brains as well. I also was thinking of those indoor/outdoor high quality patio speakers on metal brackets bolted to the back wheel wells or something like them.
Thanks guys. P.S What brand speakers and head units should I go for?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I mounted 5 1/2"s in these factory Ranger speaker boxes behind the seats under the rear bar for the roll bar....

Attachments

• S5005166.jpg
    S5005166.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 328
OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
I mounted 5 1/2"s in these factory Ranger speaker boxes behind the seats under the rear bar for the roll bar....

Yes, that is the idea I'm going for, just ordered 6"x9" MDF boxes for $30.00 cheaper to buy them then going out and building my own. www.speakerbowesusa.com They will sit on a angle facing me. Measurements are 12"long x 8"wide. Low side 4" tall side 6", I asked for no carpet on the outside cause I plan to use left over Hureculiner paint. Thanks for all that responded. Will take pics of the finished product

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I will try to find the picture but there was a set mounted in the tranny tunnel area parallel to the shifter.. If I find the pic I will post the link

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
I am thinking of doing the same thing. Could you post pics when you're done? Anyone else with boxes under the rear seat with pics?

Sure I'll post up some pics once I get things going on that project. I'll also try to keep track of all plans for anyone who might want to use them. Unlike many members here I don't plan on really using the backseat much - so speaker box is my first priority.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Here is where I mounted my front speakers.

Attachments

• stereo7.jpg
    stereo7.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 421
  • stereo8.jpg
    stereo8.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 371

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I searched through the threads today and came across your center console, looks good, do you use the heater though and if so how well does it work?

The heater works great. Its open at the back so it does not block the heater vent.

Rocket600R

Yes, that is the idea I'm going for, just ordered 6"x9" MDF boxes for $30.00 cheaper to buy them then going out and building my own. www.speakerbowesusa.com They will sit on a angle facing me. Measurements are 12"long x 8"wide. Low side 4" tall side 6", I asked for no carpet on the outside cause I plan to use left over Hureculiner paint. Thanks for all that responded. Will take pics of the finished product

How did your boxes work? Can you post some photos?

I'm looking to do the same, but trying to figure out how to run the wires... Where is your head unit? Mine is in the console.

BRONCOBERT

I made these panels from weaved fiberglass and painted them metallic grey, they hold 4 of the large style 6X9's and sound great.
SAM_0825_zpsa9d19c6a.jpg