• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster wiring diagram

BLAZEOFGLORY

Hey, Does anybody have a Gauge cluster wiring diagram for a stock 73 Bronco if so could you please post a pic of it THANK YOU jeff

cs_88

Bronco Guru
This is it.

Attachments

• gauge cluster wiring.jpg
    gauge cluster wiring.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 808

hotrod351

just wanted to say thanks for the pic of the back of the instrument cluster. just bought a 72 and started and turned off but nothing on the cluster worked. once ii could see where the 12+ positive connected i was able to trace it and find it disconnected, everything is good now. thank goodness for all these sites to get so much information.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Hotrod - welcome to the site and kudos to you for using the search function!

For future reference I've attached two other files that show the exact same thing, but thought some might find them a bit easier to read.

Attachments

• Gauge Wiring 1.jpg
    Gauge Wiring 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 483
  • Gauge wiring 2.jpg
    Gauge wiring 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 412

September 1972

Hi, will a 74 work in my 72/73? What's the resistance range of each gauge and other info so that it can be bench tested for we buy it. Thanks a lot!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, all EB gauge clusters were the same orientation and operation. The usual things changed such as "unleaded only" labeling, the red stripe around part of the speedometer range (vs some having no stripe) and probably a few other things.

Supposedly there was a variation in the ohm range on some year fuel gauges, but the general range stayed the same for that vintage at 73-10 (I think it's supposed to be 73.5-9.2 or something strange like that, but most just call it 73-10) where 73 is low/empty and 10 is high/full.

Welcome to classicbroncos.com too by the way!
You should check out Viperwolf1's thread "1972/73 owners, mind your P's and Q's" (http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221155) where we're tracking the changes during the transition between the '72 and '73 model years. Judging by your username, I'd say yours qualifies!

Add your VIN and info when you can.

Thanks!

Paul