• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 ltd swap

pholcomb

Loc.
Aberdeen sd
I wasnt sure that i wanted to do a 5.0 swap for some time and ran across a guy that derbys early 90's ford ltd's. He pulls all the ford engines, radiators, trans., wirring and swaps 350's in. The guy said i can have as many as i want if i pull them for him. Just woundering what all i should take im planning on taking the engine, the harness, radiator and condensor and probably the trans. Does the ltd 5.0's work well in the broncos and is there anything i should know so that i get everything i need from the donor because it will be derbied soon.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
To use the EFI you need to make sure you get all the wiring, engine harness, what I would call the computer harness and computer, 02 sensor harness or wiring. The best way to make sure you get it all would be to get the wiring diagram for it before you start pulling it.

The tranny won't work for 4x4 but you may sell it to make some money back.

I don't think you'll get the radiator to work either, the EB's are too narrow to fit the wider car radiators in them.

Others may know more about the LTD specifics, hopefully they'll chime in.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nordstrom's right outside of Sioux Falls has a "Ewe Pull It" yard. If/when you go let me know. I have not made the trip but I know guys that do.

They have a "harvest day" every fall and the prices are dirt cheap. I think it's like $40 for anything you can fit in their large wheel barrows. They even have a playground set up for the kiddies and free hog dogs!

OP
OP
P

pholcomb

Loc.
Aberdeen sd
Ya a coworked of mine said him and a couple of his buddys went last year and got an engine a hood and a transmission in on wagon load for 70 bucks he said.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My co-wprker has made off with alot of parts from there. He goes there every fall and asks me what he should look for. Here is the link.

http://www.nordstromsauto.com/Content.aspx?id=42

I am sure they have some nice stuff as they always do when I check them out. I myself will pay a little extra and wait until the warmer weather hits. I am too old for the cold, at least when it comes to turning wrenches!:p