• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

centech/wiper issue...

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
ok guys...dont think that i dont know how to search, cuz i do. ill give you some insight to whats going on and whats been changed

got a new 77 bronco, bought a delay switch and installed it-worked great!

then the wiper would squeal pretty loud...so i yanked the wiper motor from the rock crawler(btw..it was a centech harness w/wiper delay i figured out 7 years ago) i installed that motor in the 77 and all was good again.

2 weeks ago i removed the centech from the crawler and installed it into the 77(keep in mind,it already has the delay wiper switch)

once everythings was done and hooked up...the wipers acted like they were fighting themselves...they would just move up/down very quick, but only moving a bout 1 " up/down...never part again.

so i started checking the wires from the original wiper harness/compaired to the way everything was connected in the crawler. now for some reason the black wire from the motor has 12v the same time the park wire has 12v...this motor was working fine in both broncos. the switches should be fine too...

what the heck am i missing here?? the only way my wipers work now...park/low/high are hooked up and the black wire(from wiper motor)is not

so low,high work, delay doesnt nor park...

could i have acidently fried the park function?? i have one more motor i could try, but now im getting ready for our big bronco trip and dont really want to swap motors now

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Not sure if this is the solution but you may want to find the Centech instructions for the wiper motor... It has been a while but If I recall correctly I had to modify the wiper motor based on the instructions in order for it to work with the Centech harness properly.

-Ed

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I had a similar problem. I had to take the motor apart and clean the contact area that controls the park. I will warn you that it takes a bit to get it back together. There are three brushes with springs behind them. It only took me 15 min and my wipers work great now.
The park wire will carry 12v until the cam pushes the park contact to a ground.