• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driveshaft style

olsin6

Loc.
Mesa
How can I find out which style driveshaft I have (splicer, etc). Looking to rebuild it with new u-joints and CV joint

samjr66

Loc.
Gastonia,NC
spicer has the clips on top of the bearing caps on the outside. Borg Warner has the clips on the inside. Just bought a spicer kit with 3 u joints and a cv joint for $65 at JBG.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
That's fine to know but being am old parts man. I say just take a look at yours and go ask your favorite parts guy. He should be able to pitch one on the counter and you say yes oR NOT.

OP
OP
olsin6

olsin6

Loc.
Mesa
Thing is I don't have a local parts really without driving 25 miles so I order online.

OP
OP
olsin6

olsin6

Loc.
Mesa
So I've pretty much determined its a Spicer. Do all rebuild kits normally come with new slips or are the old ones fine to use?

Nightstick

Bronco guy
spicer joints come with them... in fact they come with extras cuz they break