• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Drip rail sealer?

Bronco Paul

Ok...so I'm sanding my top getting it ready for paint and notice that I have a couple of spots where the sealer is popping up. I'm sure I'm going to have to remove it to get to the rust under it...how does one do that? I also have a couple of spots where it looks like it's peeling up...can I cut those out or will I have to remove the entire sealant and put new in?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I went at it with a putty knife to carve out as much as possible, then a wire wheel to finish it up. I then put some por15 rust preventative in there and then all new self leveling 2 part sealer in to make it all new again. You could probably replace just a section but if you are digging that deep may as well rip it all out.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Heat the sealer up with a heat gun to soften it then scrape it out. Makes it 10 times easier to heat it up.