• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Pump Eccentric

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is the fuel pump eccentric that drives the OEM mechanical fuel pump the same on a 302 and a 351W. I am in need of one for a 351W and another member has replied that he has one for a 302. I think they're all the same ,but I want to be sure. Thanks

markperry

Bronco Guru
They are the same. I used mine off my 302 when I converted to a 351!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are 2 different versions. The thickness of the timing chain sprocket is what makes the difference. But for the same part on a 302 it will be the same part on a 351.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Am still trying to figure out which fuel pump eccentric I need for my 351W. Can anyone post pics of the two different ones that Ford used along with a description of them so I'll no more about what to be looking for. I was told the thickness of the cam gear will designate which to use. Still looking for one around here with no luck.
Thanks

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys for the help and the part number, I'll check it out. One other question though, the dowel on my camshaft only protrudes through the cam gear maybe 1/16th of an inch at the most, will that be enough to keep the eccentric located properly to work the fuel pump as it should and not come out of sync? The cam I have is a Crane unit, part number H-272-2. It would look to me that the dowel on the cam would at least need to be long enough to come through the eccentric to be flush and still allow the bolt that attaches everything to the end of the cam to seat flat and tighten properly.