• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Al's spray on bedliner

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I used it. I was not impressed.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i found it needed to be reduced by one part to mark it spray. i couldn't ge tit to otherwise. i use a shutz style (undercoat) gun to shoot it. their gun is way to bulky to work with. i'm happy with it once i figured it out.

hammer

Bronco Guru
I used it but I have nothing else to reference it to in terms of ease of use. You gotta be quick that's for sure. They say in the instructions you have 20 mins to shot it once mixed and they're not lying. 20 mins is absolute max. Good final product but finicky to use.

I do like that I was able to tint it to my exact color, even has some metallic in it.

P1000722.jpg

Toddml

I used it as well with there sprayer, sprayer is rather bulky, took two kits to cover. 20 min pot life is quick, have everything ready and out of the way. Happy with it for the price, easy to get good coverage,and tints very easily to what ever color you want. Seems to be very durable as well.

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I have used it a few times now. I do like it. You can add crumb to it as well to give it more texture. Overall I think its a great product.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I use SEM and really like it, I rarely need a second coat. I shoot it at 90 PSI to get a smaller texture, I'm assuming you can add pressure to Al's and get less texture.

HINT: If you spray the bed with primer that's the same color as your bed liner it looks better and hides thin areas like on the edges. You can get primer a lot of colors and quite a few are tintable.