• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this a Dana 44??????

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I am picking up my 66 this weekend. Guy is also giving me a front end that he says is a Dana 44. As you can see it has disc brakes. Am I getting a gem in the rough, or something not worth fooling with?

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 129

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Yes. Looks like '76-'77 with the sway bar bracket. Might need a little work but good find for free.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Are there any application problems for putting on a 66? Does not have power steering but I plan to add, any issues there?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You'll need to upgrade to a dual reservoir master cylinder. Might have to use the later style brake light switch. Tierod holes are cut deeper in the late knuckles (BCB has bushings). Tierod length may be different too.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Here is actual pic of my 66 I am picking up. As you can see in engine pic, pretty sure I have the oldest, simplest form of brake master cylinder. I will try to run disc on front and drums on back. Recommendations????

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 59

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I dont recommend using thst single reservoir MC with disks. A '76-'77 manual brake MC would be perfect. You will need to run some new brake lines.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Defintely worth your time, but it does look like that is going to need some work. Looks like all the wheel studs are broken off and I am assuming the radius arms are cut off for a reason.

The hardest part is probably going to be getting that thing apart.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
69 and 77 Parts Vehicles

Wanted to also share this. Guy I am buying from also has a 69 (Blue One) and a 77 (Red One) bodies and some accessories for sale. He said he has no title to either. Sold the Glove Box lid with title years ago. He said the blue one is not bad for project or parts. The red one he said might be good for the frame and maybe some other parts.

Attachments

• Old Bronco.jpg
    Old Bronco.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Old Bronco 2.jpg
    Old Bronco 2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Old Bronco 3.jpg
    Old Bronco 3.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Old Bronco 4.jpg
    Old Bronco 4.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 36
  • Old Bronco 5.jpg
    Old Bronco 5.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Old Bronco 6.jpg
    Old Bronco 6.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Blue one he will sell for $850, Red one for $650. I can make arrangements for whoever is interested. I go over there this weekend to pick up the 66.