• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

World Premier Video with Tilt Column install NEW PRODUCT!

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
We’ve been busy working with IDIDIT (MADE IN USA) on some new columns. They are done and in stock. We call them direct fit because they are bolt in replacements for your stock 74-77 Bronco. Stock steering wheels bolt on and your stock lower shafts bolt up too. Wiring plugs in. This is the easiest tilt column install you could possibly do. Check out the installation video we did during the test fit.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/movie_pop_ididit

Here's the link to the columns http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Ididit_Columns

Attachments

• 11718_4544_popup.JPG
    11718_4544_popup.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 87
  • category_584_3250.jpg
    category_584_3250.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 79

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Great job on the video and thanks for the new product. IDIDIT makes a very high quality product. They are only a few miles from my house and are great people to deal with. When my bronco is ready for the road I will have to add one of these.

Henry

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably still bolts in, but the electrical connector may be a different orientation/shape and you probably have to add a lower shaft between the column and the box (as opposed to your one-piece long shaft).
the shaft piece, with associated u-joint, is probably a very good upgrade anyway, but it would add to the cost too, so be aware of that.

Is that about right Wild Horses? Anything to add or subtract from that?

They would have the lower parts to sell you as well (they do a lot of that stuff already), but it's not a straight "bolt-in" thing, like they say for the '74 and later.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and the turn-signal switch/hazard switch is different (integrated) too, which would explain any wiring differences (along with the change in horn function), which might take more brain-power to integrate with your harness and it's separate dash-mounted hazard switch.

Paul

joe

Bronco Guru
WOW! Super nice with a very high price! :eek:

I want one too :cry:

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
what about 66-73?

Paul has pretty much nailed this.

First let's deal with the 66-72 they were all manual steering so unfortunately there is no lower steering shaft to hook up the column to. So you might be thinking "ya but you guys make custom lower shafts" That brings us to the next set of differences which are all related.
1. Turn signal switch
2. Steering wheel
3. Steering wheel adapter (for after market wheels)
These have to do with how the horn works. (Or doesn't work);D

On the 73 with power steering you have the lower steering shaft but you still have a different turn signal switch.

Basically the whole idea of a "Direct Fit" is that you don't need 10 other parts to go with it to make it work. We have sold tilt column kits for years. In the kits the column is just one of the 10 or so parts that go into the kit. We will continue to sell kits.

If we use the IDIDITs for there intended purpose as Paul said you will be able to conserve brain power. That should reduce your CO2 emissions and lesson the impact of your carbon foot print.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Yet another great offering from WH and a very nice how to Jim!

I also love your sweatshirt!;D I might have to get one of those!;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are they shipping for free?

Not listed in the June "special shipping" list, I see. However, it never hurts to check. Good thing to keep your eye on, that page.
Especially if you're not on the site that often, it can be worth a once-a-month visit, just to check out what's shipping for free that month.

If something is going show up there, newer products like this will probably appear sooner, rather than later.

Can't say it hasn't already been listed as such though, as I haven't been regular in checking that page myself!
Until recently of course... ;D

Jim may chime in with an answer. If not I can check tomorrow (now today) for you too.

If it's already been listed, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't show up again of course. Just means it might be awhile.

Paul

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update for hyghlndr:
Good call. And as I just said in another thread too, "If you don't see it, ask." when it comes to the website.
Don't know how many of you are signed up for it, but we put out an e-mail blast with specials every other week or so. Some might mimic what's on the specials page, but many may not.
A recent one did list this steering column with free shipping.

The special is slightly out of date by now, but if you're still interested hyghlndr, we'll honor the free-shipping offer for a limited additional time.
It's for the IDIDIT direct-fit column discussed in this thread only, of course, but since that seems to be the one that interests you anyway, hopefully that's the way you're leaning.
What year is your rig? You did note it's specifications previously mentioned in this thread? If it's what you're looking for, just say the word. Should be in stock and, depending on how yours needs to be set up (painted, bare, auto, floor-shift, etc.), ready-to-ship. Hopefully!

This offer is good this week for sure, but since this is Friday already and we're not open weekends, I'm guessing it could be extended a limited additional time due to this late discussion. So if you're not quite ready to pull the trigger, uh, I mean credit card, we understand.

Same goes for anyone else reading this who's on the fence of course.
Just let us know.
Sometimes it does pay to ask...

And if you haven't already, might go ahead and sign up on the website for the e-mail blasts. I'm not always a big fan of "signing up" for things, but in this case it can be a good thing when the timing is right.

Thanks

Paul

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Probably still bolts in, but the electrical connector may be a different orientation/shape and you probably have to add a lower shaft between the column and the box (as opposed to your one-piece long shaft).
the shaft piece, with associated u-joint, is probably a very good upgrade anyway, but it would add to the cost too, so be aware of that.

Is that about right Wild Horses? Anything to add or subtract from that?

They would have the lower parts to sell you as well (they do a lot of that stuff already), but it's not a straight "bolt-in" thing, like they say for the '74 and later.

Paul

Sounds like you should go to work for them;D very cool product WH

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, been bugging them about that, but they're having none of it!

Paul