• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Efi gas pedal

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
I could not find the "Tech article" mentioned in another post. I saw that some one used a Taurus pedal, I will Probably get one next Saturday at the bone yard, pics would be nice.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Knock out the linkage stud. Heat it up with a torch and twist the end so that hole (left by knocking out the stud) faces the firewall. Cut a slot in the end to allow putting the throttle cable into the hole.

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
thanks

Knock out the linkage stud. Heat it up with a torch and twist the end so that hole (left by knocking out the stud) faces the firewall. Cut a slot in the end to allow putting the throttle cable into the hole.

that sounds awfully simple. Thanks

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
Save yourself some time and get up with BC Broncos. They have the cable and brackets as akit for the Bronco application

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Thanks June bug, I have tools, parts and a cable already. a custom bracket/cable assy is out of the build budget idea.
sounds like I can just mod the stock pedal assy I have and go.

I will hit BC Broncos for other unique items eventually :cool:

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I used the BC Broncos kit and it could not be simpler to do. Everything fits just right and works flawlessly. Did not have to modify anything on the pedal.

beaux312

Loc.
Hartford, AL
I have the BC kit and all I did was flip the pedal pad upside down. Didnt have to do it but it made it more comfortable to me cause it has more pedal travel.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chuck told me that his has a long travel arm to help the touchy pedal