• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can someone help ASAP on the WH synchronizing wiper switch??

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Finishing up my wipers and can't get the wipers to synch up??? Can someone give me a link to the directions or tell me why they are not synching?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not yet, but back to the top anyway, so I can hear what others say about it.
Then I'll know for the next time.

Paul

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
They don't really synch while they are wiping. At least mine never have. They will just both return to park up at the top when you shut them off.

Cancel that. Just checked their web site, I guess I have the old version that only "Parks".
Sorry can't help with those.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Mine is currently ghetto rigged. Forced through a storm ;D I notices that on the down stroke one is a little slower but that is to be expected with motors. Its impossible to make them identical. But they do resync once they hit the top. I usually just set the switch to drivers side only since I rarely have passengers.

There are several different names for these switches. Various sellers just rebadge them. Ill try to include the pdfs on this post.

Attachments

• EX210341-42_Wiring_Diagram.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 37

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
did you ever get this figured out as I have been thinking about getting one of these or is there a way to hook up a delay wiper switch to one of the dual motor set ups sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
If all you want the two motors to do is return to the park position then just purchase two general purpose diodes from radio shack for a couple bucks a piece, solder them in front of the second wiper motor on both the high speed and low speed wires and tada they will both return to the park position. mine have been running this way for 16 years now. They will operate independent of each other like the old vacuum wipers did and when you turn them off they will both park at the top..

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I have the intermittent switch but cant seem to get the wiring figured out for the dual motor set up the switch that came with the wiper conversion works and they both park at the same spot I would like to have a delay feature and it would be nice to have them sync up that why I was thinking about the switch from WH but it just seem a little on the high for the price.

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
Has anyone come-up with an alternative to the switch WH sells? I like the fact it synchronizes the wipers, offers intermittent settings, and operates the washer all in one switch, but $199 seems like a lot for a switch. Anyone?

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
The dual electric motors that the Bronco vendors sell can be had for about $49 apiece but they package them together, add wiring & instructions, and charge us $200.00. It's probably the same with the switch.

What I should have asked is "where can I buy one for less than WH charges?"

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We thought we had an alternative last year, but it didn't work out. It was a nice rotary style switch too, that would have better matched the general Bronco theme.
But for some reason it just didn't work with this type of motor, or something. Unless the switch itself was defective, it just didn't play nice with the wiper setup.

So back to the drawing board.
If someone sees one, I'm sure we'd love to hear about it.

Paul

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
Attaboy Henry! I thought I'd see a thread previously, but I couldn't find it to save me *ss.. Many thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the link Hank. I believe that this is the switch that we tried. Guess we'll have to try it again then, if it's working out for others.
May just have been a bad one, or we have trouble with Black and Red wires! ;D
You know, this whole "positive and negative" thing is pretty sophistimacated stuff.

I don't remember seeing that thread back when it was in circulation.

Paul

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I have never had an issue with that switch did have issues when I first wired it that's why I included a list of what wire goes where.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Attaboy Henry! I thought I'd see a thread previously, but I couldn't find it to save me *ss.. Many thanks!

You are most welcome. I have this wiper set up and was looking at getting the switch. I had the thread saved so it was easy to link up.;)

Henry

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Bowhunter I have installed four of the Cole heress switch's and have had no problems with any If you go this route and have problems just pm me and I will try and help you out.