• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show off Stroppe Bronco pics that you have

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
If this has been done before please add a link. But why not start a new one!
If you have one that is on a trailer,barn,burnt,not finished or have the perfect resto or a racer show it to the comman man. Thanks
Does anybody have a pic of Mark Beck's Stroppe to add to this post?

Last edited:

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
stroppe

This is not mine "wish it was"a nice 71 I think at townsend TN last 2 years I hope Andy dose not mine me posting pic.

Attachments

• DSC01816.jpg
    DSC01816.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 151

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Just got back from BYOB and the Stroppe Ambulance was there. Once I upload the photos Ill post them here.

I was thinking the same thing. Talked to the owner about 15 minutes about that thing. Said it was in the movie Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas where they dented the tailgate. Also said Stroppes son had put it on a rack in their warehouse where it sat for years. Very interesting piece of Stroppe history. I asked him where he found it and his reply was "it found me". I guess the guy who bought it from Willy Stroppe in '98 gave him a call and asked if he was interested. Said he had to think about it. I didn't ask him how much he paid. It was a work truck, just very well taken care of. Still had the original defribulator and everything with the truck.(it was an ambulance Bronco that was part of a balloon chase crew.) And of course I didn't get a picture. %) I have video of it though!

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I was thinking the same thing. Talked to the owner about 15 minutes about that thing. Said it was in the movie Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas where they dented the tailgate. Also said Stroppes son had put it on a rack in their warehouse where it sat for years. Very interesting piece of Stroppe history. I asked him where he found it and his reply was "it found me". I guess the guy who bought it from Willy Stroppe in '98 gave him a call and asked if he was interested. Said he had to think about it. I didn't ask him how much he paid. It was a work truck, just very well taken care of. Still had the original defribulator and everything with the truck.(it was an ambulance Bronco that was part of a balloon chase crew.) And of course I didn't get a picture. %) I have video of it though!

He got it from James Duff. I posted a bunch of pics in the other thread. I will do here shortly. Still uploading videos.

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
Action Shot.....

1.jpg

Maverick1701

Loc.
Memphis, TX

linky: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1750655&postcount=6

with pix

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Um bajabronco you got any more? Nice set of pics.

Yeah, we could go on for quite a while, but there's a few that dont get shown too often. Almost every year represented there too. 71, 72, 73, 75. Here's a 74, the rarest year of production Baja Bronco.
74BajaFS2.jpg

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
ok... here's a few. Minimal build progress to report over the past few years but that's the way it goes....

Some of mine....
ToreDown01.jpg

Bronco-Primered-014.jpg

sticker2.jpg

Mangler47.jpg

Some that aren't mine....
ChassisLR-01.JPG

Chassisadapter-02.JPG

ChassisPS-01.JPG

notagain

Here's one. And another.

Attachments

• clint 3.jpg
    clint 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 131_9803_baja_04_z.jpg
    131_9803_baja_04_z.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 72

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Here's one. And another.

I have always wondered about the Clint Eastwood Baja. It looks like it was a Baja look-a-like. It has brown Ranger interior, 66-68 hood latch, 66-68 doors with removable frames, 69-77 turn signals, etc. Looks like it was a pieced together Bronco made for the movies to me.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are correct. It was not a "production Baja" or a Bronco that left Ford intended for Baja Bronco conversion. Not sure if it was created for the film or not, but Stroppe employees recall it was rented for the film and purchased after filming - it never came back, just a request to buy it. Looks like it was a Ranger Bronco that was converted using the parts you mention. This was also the case for both Stroppe Balloon CHase Broncos that were on the actual chase.

I have always wondered about the Clint Eastwood Baja. It looks like it was a Baja look-a-like. It has brown Ranger interior, 66-68 hood latch, 66-68 doors with removable frames, 69-77 turn signals, etc. Looks like it was a pieced together Bronco made for the movies to me.

ransil

Bronco Guru

only 15 minutes ?? usually its a 45 minute minimum with the owner or his second in command ;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
only 15 minutes ?? usually its a 45 minute minimum with the owner or his second in command ;D

I resemble that remark!;D

Yes, we have paperwork (actually posted in the thread about the "Billy Struple" signature) where Willie Stroppe and a rep for the movie signed a form showing all damage when it left for the filming in 1997. The tailgate dent (spare tire got pushed in) is not shown on the form and Jim Duff said it was like that when he got it in 1998. That is one of my questions for Willie when I complete my list and get in touch with him.

I bought the DVD but got an HD version and it will not play on my old POS DVD player, so I have not got to see it yet. I think it might just be a background shot if it even made it off the cutting room floor?

As for "it finding us". Jim Duff called and offered it to my dad back in Janurary/February. We've met the Duff's several times, having spent a week wheeling with them in Moab back around 2002 or 3 and they have been out to my place during the Carlisle All-Ford show. I think he knew we would truly appreciate this great Bronco and would take it around for others to see and enjoy as well. We were very flattered that he called and offered it to us.....and VERY glad he did too!;D

As for the price. We have only been asked a couple times so far, and I liked my dad's reply the best...."More than I should have, but less than I think it is worth". ;)

With the history of this and the fact that it was one of only a few 77's Stroppe built and was also Bill Stroppe's personal vehicle (the only one I have heard of), I think it is nearly as close to priceless for a collectible FoMoCo built Bronco as they come.

There are some other winning Stroppe racers that are right there as well in by book, and of course there is the legendary Big Oly which is at another level entirely, but that racer is basically scratch built to look like a Bronco and shared very little parts which is why I make a differentiation there.

I'll post some pics of some of the original medical gear we pulled out when we detailed it.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I resemble that remark!;D

Yes, we have paperwork (actually posted in the thread about the "Billy Struple" signature) where Willie Stroppe and a rep for the movie signed a form showing all damage when it left for the filming in 1997. The tailgate dent (spare tire got pushed in) is not shown on the form and Jim Duff said it was like that when he got it in 1998. That is one of my questions for Willie when I complete my list and get in touch with him.

I bought the DVD but got an HD version and it will not play on my old POS DVD player, so I have not got to see it yet. I think it might just be a background shot if it even made it off the cutting room floor?

As for "it finding us". Jim Duff called and offered it to my dad back in Janurary/February. We've met the Duff's several times, having spent a week wheeling with them in Moab back around 2002 or 3 and they have been out to my place during the Carlisle All-Ford show. I think he knew we would truly appreciate this great Bronco and would take it around for others to see and enjoy as well. We were very flattered that he called and offered it to us.....and VERY glad he did too!;D

As for the price. We have only been asked a couple times so far, and I liked my dad's reply the best...."More than I should have, but less than I think it is worth". ;)

With the history of this and the fact that it was one of only a few 77's Stroppe built and was also Bill Stroppe's personal vehicle (the only one I have heard of), I think it is nearly as close to priceless for a collectible FoMoCo built Bronco as they come.

There are some other winning Stroppe racers that are right there as well in by book, and of course there is the legendary Big Oly which is at another level entirely, but that racer is basically scratch built to look like a Bronco and shared very little parts which is why I make a differentiation there.

I'll post some pics of some of the original medical gear we pulled out when we detailed it.

I have your new DVD player already loaded in the RV, don't forget to get it out. ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Anyone got pic's of a halfcab Baja? I new where one was along time ago. They rolled it and sold it without a top.Did it come from Stroppe a halfcab? It's the only one I've seen.Man I passed on a Stroppe Baja (fullcab)at a used car lot about 20yr's ago.Beside the halfcab it was the only one I have seen in The Tupelo area.