• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another: Rear disk or drum?

Superunknown

Loc.
Prince George, BC
I'm fixing up a '77 9" for my eb.

The rear brakes are completly worn out/ rusted/ broken.
I was tinking it would be a good time to do a disk convertion, but after reading another post, I'm not so sure. I will be using my eb for road and mud some rocks, and I don't plan on doing much towing.

... so disk or drum?

...and if disk any recomendations on kits?

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
ill just put here what i did on the other thread...lol.....are you supposed to do that?...lol...

i just re-did both sides of my rear axle for just at 100$...that was new everything inside the drum....and i know saying this will prolly start something...i just use two line-loc's one for the front axle and one for the rear axle...push on the pedal flip the switches to the locs and hey parking brake how you doing?...lol....but i never do that without leaving it in granny gear though...some will fight that its not a true parking brake which they are rite because it can bleed off...but on the other hand whats the difference in the guy that doesnt have his true parking brake set rite????....JMO

Disc brakes are cool and hell i said forever i was going to do it to...but in the end such a big diff in price and its not like im going to be racing down the twistys with it