• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Caliper hose question/pic?

mortimersnerd

Hoping my new Ford caliper hoses show up tomorrow. Not sure how they should be set up, as I haven't seen one installed before. Anyone willing to share a picture or two? Also, I'm assuming that a copper washer goes on both sides of the line where it attaches to the caliper correct (one under the bolt and one between the hose end and caliper)? Also, does the ridge on the hose end point towards or away from the caliper when attached? Thank you!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes to the washers on each side.
No pics yet, but if nobody comes up with one, I should be able to help.
Forget which way the ridge goes. Hmm, been too long I guess. Better go out and re-familiarize myself with it.

So, 1 out of 3. Oh well.

You're using the Ford truck calipers then, and not the larger car calipers?
Just checkin' because the hoses are not the same.

Paul

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
just did this swap on the turd, and replaced the lines on my 76, ridge down, towards ground... away from caliper. There will be a small bend in the hard line from caliper angling away from the tire.

OP
OP
mortimersnerd

mortimersnerd

Awesome, thank you. I'm figuring the line should be pointing back towards the rear of the vehicle, correct (lines still haven't arrived, I'm guessing some of this will be self explanatory when they arrive)?