• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering Wheel to 78-79 Tilt Column Fitment

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a nice 78-79 Bronco auto tilt column with the cruise controls. I have a 87-90 Mustang wheel I would like to use as it has the cruise control buttons on the wheel. Would I be able to bolt this up and make it work, or is there a better option (or none at all?). :cool:

Attachments

• wheel 1.jpg
    wheel 1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 33
  • wheel 2.jpg
    wheel 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 25

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No idea. But I'll be watching to see if anyone does know.

Paul

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think this wheel would be a perfect fit for function and looks on my Bronco. That or I just try to figure out what OEM setup would work without it in the steering wheel.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am still waiting for an answer. I guess this thread got buried some time back. I think this would be a really nice stock looking combo....don't you? %)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Just saw this. There are a couple things you'll need to see for yourself like if the spline size and count matches the column and if the column uses the 3 separate slip rings that the wheel uses.

Then you'll only need everything else to make it work, speed control amp, speed sensor, speed control servo, vacuum dump valve. All those should probably come from the mustang.

Attachments

• Bronco 387.jpg
    Bronco 387.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 19