• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where does c4 modulator bracket mount

hauland

Just finished reinstalling my Transfer case due to input seal leak.

I just realized I did not reinstall the C4 Vacuum Modulator Bracket, I believe it goes on one of the intermediate housing to C4 bolt.

It is pretty obvious? Where does it go?

Thanks, P.J.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
it is pretty obvious, the bolt that it fits will be the one which just covers the modulator, can't say for sure which one that is.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
This may help.

Attachments

• Vacuum Modulator 002 25.JPG
    Vacuum Modulator 002 25.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
H

hauland

Awesome, thanks for the replies. So it mounts to the tranny(edited later, it actually mounts to the flange of the intermediate housing at about 4 or 5 o'clock). I just dont remember taking it off the tranny but I started dropping the t case to replace the seal back in Dec or so and have just forgotten.

Thanks, P.J.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With Broncos, some of us (like me) have to get used to keeping that kind of information in our memory for YEARS!
Or, like my friend that I'm hopefully helping tomorrow, DECADES!

So you're doing good with only taking a few months. Just have to tune that memory in for a little longer duration and you'll be good to go. ;D

Paul

OP
OP
H

hauland

I got it fixed. Crawled back under there and it was clear. It mounts at about the 4/5 o clock position of the flange of the intermediate housing. I didnt look closely enough at the pic post earlier and edited my earlier post about it mounting to the tranny. Had to use several extensions and a swivel to go above the T case cross member to get to it but it was doable.

It is a 72 and it was a push in and interestingly my intermdiate housing has Stroppe cast into the side of it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting to note that Stroppe adapter. Wonder if yours is a closet-Stroppe rig, or if someone just bought an adapter from them because they were available?
Maybe dealer installed, maybe owner installed, or maybe Stroppe installed. Either way though, it's a cool find.

Do you know the history of the rig? Did it do it's first tour of duty in CA, or was it a VA truck all along?

Paul