• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI with Hydroboost

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
I am having a hell of a time getting my hydroboost to fit with my upper EFI intake.. I know i can get an angled booster bracket and probably be done..(might go that rought).. I have seen some people mount right off the firewall.. (thats what i want to do). I can anle it off the firewall away from the intake but then the pushrod will push at an angle and wear out the hydroboost.( so i am told)
I was told the pushrod needs to be lined up and enter into the hydroboost strait. so i want to move the hydroboost over on the firewall and use two coupler nuts welded side by side.But i run into the mounting bracket for the petals on the inside of the cab.. :(
Show me your Mounting plates and measurements for getting the Hydroboost to clear the EFI intake. Thanks
Aaron

Last edited:

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Reverse the upper intake and you will be able to mount the hydroboost to the firewall.

See below.

TD

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

markperry

Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure you can do a peddle shift..shift the peddle assembly over an inch or 2...their are a few posts on this topic...do a search on hydroboost and check it out.

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
if it's a 351w buy the angle bracket much easier than jamming everything in the corner. or make a smaller angle bracket . i have a 351 with a lightning intake and there was no way to get it done without , just putting the rod on the c4 shifter is a bitch with the angle and the dip stick tube is in the way also .

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
If you need to rotate the hydro 90 to make it fit let me know, I had a few adapters made to rotate the master back 90*. You will need to make a longer push rod but thats not too big of a deal. I had to rotate mine and the 90 put everything in a better spot.

Or get the Mustang Cobra hydro with the slightly angled base, fits well in the beast with the explrer stuff.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I've got a 351 with lightning lower and explorer upper, and a 2" body lift. I used a 2000 Superduty booster turned 90° so the accumulator is at the top. I also used a 90's Dodge master cylinder that has a 1.125 bore. It needs an extra 1/2" spacer between the booster and the master, so I made an aluminum spacer that also allowed me to turn the booster. I've got about 1/2" between the booster/spacer and the upper manifold.

Here's a writeup motoman did on his conversion. I fabbed his firewall mounting plate and the booster adapter. They're identical to what I've got.

I think needabronco has the same setup with a 302.

OP
OP
Daddy4zack

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
I am making a firewall reinforcement plate that moves the hydro over 3/4 of an inch maybe i can get an inch out of it.. I hope that is enough. for the push rod i am thinking of 3 coupler nuts welded side by side. hydro go's into the right side, middle is just a spacer, and petal assembaly go's out the left side coupler.. hope that makes scence. If this all works out i will post pics..

70_Steve

Old Guy
Crap! Forgot to add the link above!!!

http://www.emotoman.com/4x4/hydroboost/hydroboost.html

I am making a firewall reinforcement plate that moves the hydro over 3/4 of an inch maybe i can get an inch out of it.. ..

I'm thinking 1 inch will put you into the pedal assy brace on the inside of the firewall. How about posting pictures of your setup and why you think you need to move the booster over an inch. Here's some pics of my setup. 351, Lightning lower, 3/8" spacer, Explorer upper, 2" body lift.

Attachments

• DSCN1065.jpg
    DSCN1065.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCN1066.jpg
    DSCN1066.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN1067.jpg
    DSCN1067.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 342
OP
OP
Daddy4zack

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
looks like turning the Hydroboost 90 deg. instead of the 180 i was doing may be the ticket.. where is the best place to find the adapter for the M/C? or should i try and make one?

70_Steve

Old Guy
looks like turning the Hydroboost 90 deg. instead of the 180 i was doing may be the ticket.. where is the best place to find the adapter for the M/C? or should i try and make one?
I made mine. I cut a piece of 4" square by 1/2" thick aluminum. Used a hole saw in the drill press for the big hole in the middle. But, that adapter was only necessary because I used the 90's Dodge master cylinder. I can't help you if you use another master cylinder.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Stock 88 EFI 5.0 HO

how about moving the whole thing 4 inches toward the diver fender??
This is a 5.0liter (carbed) but as you can see there is "yards" of room for the HBoost unit

Attachments

• mike6.jpg
    mike6.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 96
  • mike1.jpg
    mike1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 94