• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP NEEDED with bc broncos deluxe fuel line install rear exit fuel rail

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
PHP:
was the deluxe kit a direct bolt on? or did you have to bend the lines to make it fit ?

Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It seem that if you can get it in without making any bends all works out well but if you have to make 1 most of the time you have to make several. So better to not make the first one. Sometimes it is easier to disconnect the clutch linkage and the brake diff valve.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I just did mine a couple weeks ago and I can say if I didn't have engine and tranny stuff in, it would of probley would of been a PITA,the hardest part would of been around the brake valve,but then maybe not.
I wish he made a short one for the saddle tank,it could of ended were the 8" section is left out. Still will worth the money.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice stuff and worked out well in the case of a friend of mine. No bending required, and lined up right where he needed it.

His was an EFI kit though, in case that makes a difference. There are different kits for both types, right?
Maybe those that had to bend some should chime in with whether it was for an EFI or carbureted setup?
Might help to pinpoint whether it's something consistent with the different types, or just an issue with old Broncos.

Paul

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Installed the two tank setup a few months ago. Really like it. Very minor bending necessary to get it just right.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
The kit I am trying to install is the EFI Deluxe Kit. I ordered the one for the fuel rail that exits at the back of the intake. I was thinking that this should not need much tweeking if any. It was about 6 pm central time last night when I started having problems (BC was already closed for the day). I will try and get in touch with Chuck or Jason at BC today to discuss my questions/problems that I am having.

Bronco4x4

I have the deluxe kit for a carburetor set up. No bending required. Just took patience. Nice product. Thank you Chuck.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Still having problems. Mainly around the transmission cross member. Can someone post some pics of their efi lines installed? I think that might help me.

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
JDJ, there should be a sleeve on the line in that area. The line kind of sits down in the gap between the frame and the cross member. It rides in that channel (gap) and is protected by the sleeve. I can't get a pic of mine because my gas tank is blocking it. Sorry.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
It seems like the line is not bent just right. I too thought that the line was supposed to go in the gap between cross member and frame. When the line comes past the front of the cross member I think it should have a bend downward to catch the next bracket. My pressure and return line are both straight except about 3 inches from the end and there it has about a 135 degree bend upward

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
When I put the front line in the gap with no brackets and with it NOT connected to the other lines, it seems like the line is in a bind

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
On the installation diagram, there are bends in the lines that are not in the lines that I received.