• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop Windshield Channel - Supertop & Bikini Top

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Again,

It seems like there is never a question asked that someone doesn't have an answer to, so here goes.

The '71 Bronco I bought came with a Bestop Super Top and a STC bikini top.

Maybe I have overlooked it in the hardware I received; but, I don't believe there is a windshield channel for the bikini top.

Even if I find the STC channel, I was wondering if anyone else uses the Bestop Super Top and bikini top. In particular, I'm interested in knowing if the bikini top will work with the windshield channel for the Super Top. If it does, I am probably going to buy the Bestop bikini, just so I don't need to change out the channel when I go from soft top to bikini top.

(Bestop's customer service person told me there are two different part numbers for the windshield channel on both tops; but, he can't provide drawings. He couldn't tell me if they were physically different, or not. If the channels are different for the two Bestop products, and I have the STC channel with the stuff that was in the Bronco, I may just forget about ordering the Bestop bikini.)

Thanks

Jeff

dixieboyz13

Loc.
Johns Island
I think, but will be corrected if I'm wrong, but the two diff risers are for whether you have the drop wiper bracket or not. Not 100% though. I have been looking into this as well

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I have a Bestop riser and bikini top. On the WH page they don't differentiate between a supertop riser and bikini riser so my guess is they're the same for both. I'm sure if you called WH they could answer your question in about 5 seconds.:)

Sporto

I have the Bestop SuperTop and a Bestop bikini top and the riser works for both just fine. I got the Bestop bikini top b/c I was getting tired of changing it up for the Kayline/STC setup. The Kayline/STC bikini top looks better, and is easier to take off, but it does not allow for visors and I have to use the drop bracket for the wiper motor. I like my visors and the motor cover, so I use the Bestop setup for both. Good luck!

;D

Rich

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Thanks

Hi Rich,

I have the Bestop SuperTop and a Bestop bikini top and the riser works for both just fine. I got the Bestop bikini top b/c I was getting tired of changing it up for the Kayline/STC setup. The Kayline/STC bikini top looks better, and is easier to take off, but it does not allow for visors and I have to use the drop bracket for the wiper motor. I like my visors and the motor cover, so I use the Bestop setup for both. Good luck!

;D

Rich

Thanks for the information. I was hoping that would be the case with the channel... when Bestop said there were two different part numbers, I really started to wonder.

Our Bronco came with a Bestop Super Top and a STC bikini top. I took the bikini top to Moab without having tried it at home. There was no channel to be found with the stuff that came with the Bronco, so I thought it would work with the Bestop channel. We ended up looking like the Clampets at Labor Day Safari... the top was duct-taped to the windshield (at least until the tape tore).

The Bestop bikini top is on order. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Take Care

Jeff

Sporto

Maybe the two part numbers is because the riser for the Superto is two pieces a left and right section.

Let me know how it works out for you.
:)

R

horhay25

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
love this forum..currently have a bestop bikini top and was planning on installing super top this weekend. Was wondering if the window channel would work for both...can't believe i found the answer to this random question...

thanks cb site!