• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glove Box Latch Sticking

Pipehitter

Loc.
Clintonville WI
Searched the forum with no luck. As dumb as this may sound, almost done with a 2 year restoration but the glove box latch is sticking, not sure if I have the catch installed correctly. Does anyone have an assembly picture they could post of the latch and the catch in the glove box? Also looked at LMC truck with no luck.

Once it is shut, I basically need to push the button and pry the door open. Thanks for shedding any light on this.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
The latch is adjustable in and out and to either side there's are rubber bumpers that attach thur the screws that hold in the glove box. You might be missing those, they help make the door pop out when you hit the botton.

OP
OP
Pipehitter

Pipehitter

Loc.
Clintonville WI
Thanks red hot, but I do have the rubber bumpers in place and tried to move them outward as far as possible to cause it to pop open when latch is pushed, no luck. I think the "U" catch on the top of the dash can go two different ways and I am striking out.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
New rubber bumpers fixed the same problem you have. If I can remember the u-bolt is adjustable.

OP
OP
Pipehitter

Pipehitter

Loc.
Clintonville WI
Installed new rubber bumpers still sticking. Anyone have a close up shot of the part that the door latches to - installed? Thanks