• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fan Shroud Customizing

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN
It seems I need to customize my factory fan shroud to better surround the Derale fixed blade fan I've put on my factory v-belt setup. I was thinking about using fiberglass or a plastic or metal hoop of some kind or a combination. Does anybody have any pics of a similar mod?

Thanks,
Greg

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine. I think some 2" wide sheet metal or aluminum would be about right. I will probably use pop rivets to attach it to the stock shroud.

OP
OP
JoseyWales

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN
I've got some aluminum flashing that I could fit around it, but I would rather find something that is already round like a bucket.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I used sheet metal and pop riveted to the fiberglass shroud. I now have the fan caputured 3/4 of the way around and it really pulls air now. The aftermarket shrouds do not capture the fan. They only seem to be a guard to keep you from stiking your hand down onto the fan. The sheet metal was easy to form in the curve and once everything was painted black it looks like is should be there.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used sheet metal and pop riveted to the fiberglass shroud. I now have the fan caputured 3/4 of the way around and it really pulls air now. The aftermarket shrouds do not capture the fan. They only seem to be a guard to keep you from stiking your hand down onto the fan. The sheet metal was easy to form in the curve and once everything was painted black it looks like is should be there.

That's what I was thinking, I'm going to give it a try.

OP
OP
JoseyWales

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN

Sounds simple enough. I think I'll try that too. Thanks.