• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Suggest spark plugs for a stock 302 engine

meanwire

Loc.
Central Oregon
I think it's time for new spark plugs in my 77 Bronco with a stock 302 engine. Any suggestions on some really good spark plugs to put in it?

dixieboyz13

Loc.
Johns Island
I have read both of your posts and went through the same problem. Mine ended up being plug wires. If I were you(not knowing anything else), I would try a whole tune up. Thecheapest plugs will work (just in case you are fouling plugs for some reason you arent wasting money) I would take one of your plugs to the store to get them to match it up. Mine were different than what was listed in autozone computer. Had to make two trips. Just some thoughts.

Old School

Loc.
AZ
I think it's time for new spark plugs in my 77 Bronco with a stock 302 engine. Any suggestions on some really good spark plugs to put in it?

How about the Motorcraft ones listed on the emissions decal on your valve cover?

moneypit77

Loc.
forks, WA
not to be Mr. smarty pants but arnt autolite 45s the big plugs think he needs the peanut plugs think its autolite 24 or 25 for a 77

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
not to be Mr. smarty pants but arnt autolite 45s the big plugs think he needs the peanut plugs think its autolite 24 or 25 for a 77

Yes they are the big ones (so I guess that means my heads arent the origional to my 76 :-[). Being a "smarty pants" is what this site is all about. 1. to help our brothers out and 2. correct the ones that provide incorrect information ;).

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Autolite 25s. I know they are very cheap and basic copper, but I have tried lots of other expensive ones and our Ford 302 loves the Autolite 25s best. Trust me lol!!!

OP
OP
meanwire

meanwire

Loc.
Central Oregon
This is what the previous owners installed. They look alright? They are Autolite Platinum AP 3924. Are these the right ones, should I go with the suggested Autolite 25's in a platinum or non-platinum? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 41

Old School

Loc.
AZ
This is what the previous owners installed. They look alright? They are Autolite Platinum AP 3924. Are these the right ones, should I go with the suggested Autolite 25's in a platinum or non-platinum? Thanks guys!

You ignored my response.
What does that sticker on the side of your valve cover say?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
go with non platinums theres no reason to go with high dollar plugs on a carbed engine as they will still need to be replaced in a year anyways.
As for the 3924 plugs well i beleive they are slightly different as they use a washer for sealing were the 25's that are called for use a tapered seat. Also I believe the 3924's have a longer reach than the 25's .750 vs .460 at least thats what the chart says. so basically I'd go with the 25's or motorcraft equivelent.