• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Almost done with the wiring.......

justinb

I am almost done with the new Centech Harness in my 1975 EB. I am to the point of wiring it up under the hood, this part scares me. I have no idea what goes where or what is what (like there is a metal box on the driver side fender well, and one on the passenger side fire wall, i have no idea what they are). Any ways after all my rampbling I was just wondering (hoping) someone had some pictures of theres that they did or some helpful incite or just words of encouragment:)

Can't wait to drive it again, I only had it a week before I decided to get into this projects!

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
The wires are labeled and the instructions are pretty good. The tech support at Centech is pretty good also. Give them a call if you need to. The box on the driver side fender well sounds like the duraspark module to me. Post some pictures if you can.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The box on the driver's fender is your Duraspark ignition control module and is hooked directly to the distributor's three wires through one plug, along with the coil's negative side, then to the ignition power through the other plug.
But before you take my word for it, what color is the wire strain relief where the wires exit the module? And does it have 2 or 3 wire bundles and plugs?
Do you still have the original wires? I hope so, since the Duraspark wires are re-used, as we were talking about in your other thread.

The box on your passenger side firewall is the voltage regulator for the alternator.
Are you going to be using a stock type alternator? Or are you also upgrading to an internally regulated model?
Centech's instructions are rather vague and can be misleading in both of these sections. Rather than go by their instructions then, let us know when you're ready to hook up both the regulator and the ignition module and we'll walk you through it rather than you trying to interpret what they're trying to tell you.

Did you pull the old wiring out without noting where things were? Not necessarily the best practice perhaps, as you're finding out. If it was already out, there's nothing for it but to dive in like you're doing.
Most people are not intimately familiar with a wiring system on a vehicle, so you're in good company.

Good luck.

Paul