• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I would like to say this will be the last time with my annoying wire questions but...

justinb

Breakdown:installing centech harness in 75 EB
Questions:

1. The instructions say to re-use the wires between the distributor and the ignition box, what wires are they talking about?

2. I located the back-up switch and have the two grey wires from the harness that go to it, but the back-up switch is also the neutral safety switch. How do I wire it in?

3. The instructions talk about weather tight connector to use for the duras ark module, my kit did not come with these...

Thank you for all your help and I'm sorry but yes there will be more questions

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Breakdown:installing centech harness in 75 EB
Questions:

1. The instructions say to re-use the wires between the distributor and the ignition box, what wires are they talking about?

The stock Duraspark connectors between the distributor and ignition control module on the fender. Your '75 would have had them. If you're running some other ignition setup, you have to wire accordingly.

2. I located the back-up switch and have the two grey wires from the harness that go to it, but the back-up switch is also the neutral safety switch. How do I wire it in?

The Gray wires go to the Black w/red wire ends in the connector from the switch.
For the starter interrupt function, you'll have to cut the Violet/Purple starter "S" wire short, run it to one side of the Red w/blue end in the connector and use the leftover Violet wire to then run to the starter relay's "S" post.
Basically, the neutral safety switch is inline with the Violet "S" wire, which keeps it from energizing the starter.

3. The instructions talk about weather tight connector to use for the duras ark module, my kit did not come with these...

Should have. The Centech kits usually come with quite a few extra Weatherpack connectors for use with lights and other things.
If not, then you're probably missing other stuff too, as they come in a big bag with other items.

OP
OP
J

justinb

The stock Duraspark connectors between the distributor and ignition control module on the fender. Your '75 would have had them. If you're running some other ignition setup, you have to wire accordingly.

My original harness went the Duraspark through the drivers firewall, under the dash and out the middle of the firewall where it connected to a harness going to the distributor and coil. So how do I use the original wires from the distributor to the module when it was all integrated in to the original harness?

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
did you open the wire loom which contains the original wires between the distributor and the module? if the original wires between the distrib and the module are presently in place and hooked up, just separate those wires from the loom and leave them in place. if you can't follow them into the firewall just id the wire colors at the module and the distrib. do you have a wiring diagram?