• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Owner Stalker

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
The misses and I were leaving a friends neighborhood yesterday and as I pulled out, a gorgeous 74 passed us going the other way. Now I don't see many Broncos in this area at all (2 in 4 years) so I did what any good Bronco owner would do, I turned around and chased him down.

We chatted through the window breifly at a stop light, stated he was heading to the house and to follow. So I did and we chatted and looked over eachothers Bronco's for the next hour and half.

He is a really nice guy and has a gorgeous rig. 74, restored a couple of years ago and in great condition. I only took one pic though. I'll have to try and grab more the next time I see him.

He told me about all his plans for it and that he was looking for a shop to help him but I told him he can do it himself, it's not that hard and that I'd help him with any project he'd like to do.

He said he checks out this site on occasion but hasn't registered yet so hopefully he will soon.

Here's the pic. Enjoy.

Attachments

• WP_000187.jpg
    WP_000187.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Izzy does your phone still work?

LOL, yes, actually when you called yesterday, I was in his driveway talking to him which is why I didn't answer. Sorry about that. My phone is doing an update now but I'll call when it is done.

Man, Kevin yelled at me today for not replying to his text too. You guys are high maintenance.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Gimme the guy's number so I can tell him to NOT let you rebuild his motor ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. Nice rig. Good job man

Make sure you get him to VOTE when he signs up. "Top 4 x 4. ;)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That is a gorgeous Bronco! I love it!

I hope to see him join up and be a part of us! :cool:

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
"the misses?" are you running around with two or more young unmarried females? or did you mean your wife "the Mrs?";)

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
"the misses?" are you running around with two or more young unmarried females? or did you mean your wife "the Mrs?";)

I can't say.... just kidding. Well, we're not married but basically are. We live together and claim eachother so she's not a Mrs. but she almost is, so I also refer to her as the misses.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Izzy,

You kind of act like it is a bad thing to flag down a bronco brother that you haven't met yet....I thought this was normal. ;D Or at least it is for me.

Heck.....A few months ago my wife was telling me about a blue/silver bronco she had seen around town. Then one saturday she was about to walk into the local Publix and had me on the phone......she saw the bronco pulling through the parking lot and told me about it. I had her flag the guy down and hand him the phone so I could talk to him. He told me where he worked and for me to stop by and talk broncos. So a few days later I did just that!

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Izzy,

You kind of act like it is a bad thing to flag down a bronco brother that you haven't met yet....I thought this was normal. ;D Or at least it is for me.

Heck.....A few months ago my wife was telling me about a blue/silver bronco she had seen around town. Then one saturday she was about to walk into the local Publix and had me on the phone......she saw the bronco pulling through the parking lot and told me about it. I had her flag the guy down and hand him the phone so I could talk to him. He told me where he worked and for me to stop by and talk broncos. So a few days later I did just that!

That is awesome. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Just a rare occasion around here for some reason.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
One evening while cooking the kids dinner (mom was at work) a guy rings my doorbell. He had one of those bright flourescent green tshirts on so I thought he was from the DPW. We live in a ruralish setting and don't get many visitors. Thought my dog got out again or something. I answer the door and he says, "hey what year is the Bronco?"

He was just driving by, saw my hood leaning up against my garage, pulled in to my driveway and saw the rest of the dis-assembled EB in the garage. He was a pretty nice guy, we exchanged numbers and he went on his way.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
One evening while cooking the kids dinner (mom was at work) a guy rings my doorbell. He had one of those bright flourescent green tshirts on so I thought he was from the DPW. We live in a ruralish setting and don't get many visitors. Thought my dog got out again or something. I answer the door and he says, "hey what year is the Bronco?"

He was just driving by, saw my hood leaning up against my garage, pulled in to my driveway and saw the rest of the dis-assembled EB in the garage. He was a pretty nice guy, we exchanged numbers and he went on his way.

Sounds like something I would do....... Stop at a random house due to some car/truck or something related in yard..... LOL

Deano

Bronco Guru
I was at work one day and a guy came in and asked who owned the bronco out front and the girl at the register said he is in the back I'll have him come up here so I came up and we have ben friends for over 20yrs now. Just one of the story's I've got about this stuff

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I was at work one day and a guy came in and asked who owned the bronco out front and the girl at the register said he is in the back I'll have him come up here so I came up and we have ben friends for over 20yrs now. Just one of the story's I've got about this stuff

That is pretty cool!

Nice lookin rig you flagged down Izzy! :cool: