• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost angle bracket pics

jcb9089

I started to setup hydroboost. Have angle bracket designed for onversion, but no sure how it all hooks up (hydroboost rod /pedal rod). Please post pics,

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Here ya go

76f8224c.jpg
[/IMG]

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Looks like my bottom cotter pin is about to fall out, guess I'll fix that %)

OP
OP
jcb9089

jcb9089

Thanks, the picture is perfect; that's the setup I have.

Did you have to thread brake pedal push rod?

Also, did you need to add any spacers or cut the hydroboost rod?

Just curious how precise the locations need to be.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
OP
OP
jcb9089

jcb9089

That's what I have, but the only thing is my brake push rod is not threaded. So I guess most guys end up threading on their own?

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Sorry, I was at the movies. BTW do NOT see The Ides of March. Quite possibly the worst movie EVER!!!!!

Anyway, I got the whole kit off ebay. The brake pedal rod come threaded with the end that attaches to the pivot arm. Wouldn't be that hard to make your own, just cut the rod off a factory MC and weld a threaded rod on there. By the time you do that, and buy the end, it's probably easier to buy it from the ebay seller though.

hammer

Bronco Guru
I have this ebay bellcrank setup as well. I had to thread my rod further down and cut about an inch off as it did not collapse enough to hook up properly.

In nightsticks pic above is the brass bushing supposed to be on the bottom or top? I had mine in the top like he has pictured but I'm finding as the brakes are engaged the pedal rod wants to push the bushing up and out. I've seen 1 other pic on here with it in the bottom. Seems like that might be my fix.

My bushing was a bit worn after only a couple hundred miles from being on the top and getting pushed up. Went to the parts store and of course got the wrong size bushing so i'lll have to go back and test it out.

Anyways, top or bottom for that brass bushing?

Last edited:

markperry

Bronco Guru
I used 1/2 in bolts to space mine out, if you look close you can see them!

dscn1133.jpg

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I have this ebay bellcrank setup as well. I had to thread my rod further down and cut about an inch off as it did not collapse enough to hook up properly.

In nightsticks pic above is the brass bushing supposed to be on the bottom or top? I had mine in the top like he has pictured but I'm finding as the brakes are engaged the pedal rod wants to push the bushing up and out. I've seen 1 other pic on here with it in the bottom. Seems like that might be my fix.

My bushing was a bit worn after only a couple hundred miles from being on the top and getting pushed up. Went to the parts store and of course got the wrong size bushing so i'lll have to go back and test it out.

Anyways, top or bottom for that brass bushing?

You mean the bushing that's on the pivot arm? I have a brass bushing on the top and bottom. Had to grind the arm down a little to get it to pivot freely.

hammer

Bronco Guru
You mean the bushing that's on the pivot arm? I have a brass bushing on the top and bottom. Had to grind the arm down a little to get it to pivot freely.

I mean this bushing;

76f8224c.jpg

I had mine on the top like you did, but I found that every time I stepped on the pedal as the pivot moved forward the bushing wanted to pop out the top. I do think the "arms" on my push rod were to far apart, i squeezed them tighter together before I re attached it with the bushing in the bottom.

Like I said I've seen pics of them installed both ways. maybe it wasn't so much where the bushing was but more that my "arms" on the push rod where to far apart.

Not sure if its working better as I'm home by myself right now and its kinda hard to press the brake pedal and watch what's going on under the hood at the same time.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
As far as I know, he is the only one for angle bracket for use with the GM hydro boost. Although, the last two that I purchased weren't quite right. I had to rework the bell crank a bit to keep it from binding. The BCB, Duff and TBP angle bracket won't work with the Ebay bell crank kit only. You'll need to buy his angle bracket or use a stock 76'-77' angle bracket.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
They will bolt up fine, you'll need to fab up your own bell crank linkage to the pedal. The ebay linkage kit only works with his bracket or a stock bracket.