• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auxiliary fuel filler hose problem fixed!

meanwire

Loc.
Central Oregon
In my previous post I bought a auxiliary fuel filler hose for my '77 Bronco, and it wasn't even close to the right angle and collapsed when I tried to install it. Instead of trying to order from a different company, I went down to NAPA and got the hose that came close and with some trimming I was able to make it work and saved about $20.00 So I thought I'd post this for other guys that run into this problem. I also made a template of how long and where to cut it for anybody that needs to replace the hose.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 96
  • SAM_2072.jpg
    SAM_2072.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 171
  • SAM_2082.jpg
    SAM_2082.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 126
  • SAM_2083.jpg
    SAM_2083.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 118

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Perfect timing actually. Just hot tanked and repainted my 12 gal aux and it needs all new hoses. Might as well pick up a fuel filter as well

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
So is everyone sealing their tanks because they didnt hot tank them? Im seeing more bad reviews than good reviews on sealing it up. Ours is spotless bare metal on the inside now

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I had the same question about sealing the inside of a fuel tank,mine was perfect inside, the fact that gas hadn't been in the tank for 15 years I wondered if the new blended gas would cause problems,but in the end people who had done this convinced me that it was a lot more headaches then worth. Sorry if I hijack this thread.

GusI

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
What kind of pipe did you use between the pipe elbows? I need to do the same thing, more or less. I have a 3rd tank on the RH side, which appears to just be another regular aux tank like on the LH side, who's filler pipe is leaking.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Went to NAPA and picked up the last one they had. Havent tried it myself but my Dad says the tank neck is 2" and the elbow is 2 1/4". He doesnt think it will be safe clamped down. Did you have that much gap?

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
meanwire, Just so others are not confused, I have to mention that that hose you got originally looks nothing like all the ones I have ever gotten from our vendors. They look more like the lower one in picture 1. I can't imagine where the angled one came from. A more important question is the burp hose (aka, "vent hose"). This is the one that I fight with to keep from kinking. You have a clean sweep on that one. Looks clean.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Well it definitely doesnt fit. Talked to a boat shop who got me in touch with a local tubing supplier. They had 2" ID industrial fuel tank supply line which is reinforced with wiring. Extremely sturdy but can turn into a 90 degree bend. I may go back and buy bulk since no one sells this stuff cheaply

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
Sorry to dig this up, I had intended on using this Napa hose thinking it was going to be $20 cheaper, but it's actually $18 more than the one from JBG. Anyone have issues with the hose from Jeff's?

crankman

Sorry to dig this up, I had intended on using this Napa hose thinking it was going to be $20 cheaper, but it's actually $18 more than the one from JBG. Anyone have issues with the hose from Jeff's?

Cant confirm Jeffs hose but I used Toms when i purchased a aux tank there and it fit well including the vent hose