• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a softer ride.

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
I have a 3.5 duff lift on it. Its been on there since I bought the Bronco about 15 years ago. Its got add a leafs in the rear, which is stiffer than you know what, and progressive coils in the front, 70/30 auto adjust shocks on all 4. All James duff stuff. I am wanting a better ride to haul a$$ over the terrain. Not into rock crawlin, just moderate wheelin. It flexes good as far as im concerned.

My thing is "gettin it" when im out, but man, its a little rough ! OUt in Ocotillo wells this weekend gettin it in the washes and Ive had enough killing myself and my passengers. Wanna make it better !

I put a post on the "Chat" side, not much response. Just looking for some info, suggestions, (other than getting a Rhino) what ever . Thanks.

mortimersnerd

The newer spring packs are much softer. Order up your favorite lift kit and enjoy. Wild Horses springs are known for being a good compromise between ride and body control.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I aint happy unless im going 40+ mph through the washes in az. however your entire suspension is different then mine. so i couldnt say that just changing springs and shocks is going to get you where you want.

a little bit at a time and you will get what your looking for. definitely start with upgrading your leaf springs. For the rear im running 11 leaf deavers and 2 RS9000 inboard

did you say your running 2 shocks on each corner? not bad but its easier to make your ride stiffer with to much shock. I just run the 4 ranchos for tuning. its nice to throw them on 2-3 and give the washes some hell!

ryan287

Loc.
Orange County, CA
I have WH 3.5" coils and Deaver leafs in the back that were originally a 3.5", but after settling, a rollbar, and rear bumper w/ tire my Bronco was raked back more than i wanted and a little squishy. Deaver is great, they added leafs to make it a 13pk and re-arched them for free.

Shocks make a HUGE difference, and I can't say enough about the 5100 series Bilsteins I have. (4) up front and (2) in back. I like my Bronco more streetable and quicker offroad, so maybe my set up isn't for the crawler.

Quick video on handling characteristics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiM0zlXSNgk

Good luck!