• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

73' brownie finally in the works!!!!

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
well i bought a 73' back in 2009 and havent had any time really to work on it. then i bought a 68' for the engine and tranmission. finally this past weekend i was able to swap the engine and transmission over to the 73'!! now i just have to pretty much rebuild the engine and a few other minor detail and hopefully i should finally have a working bronco and not just a driveway ornament!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
sounds like a good deal. i think you would have more time if you wasn't working on someone else's bronco;D

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
a6cd8872-69e2-a76b.jpg

Here's you first picture...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats man, look forward to seeing it next year in HS...

BIGED

Guru ????
It looks like the ball is rolling. watch out for the knuckle busters and keep the pictures comeing

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
well got a little done today. when we swapped the engine and transmission we had issues with the tranny after we put it back on the ground. it wouldnt go into neutral but me and yellowbronc took the top cover off the tranny tonight and found that we missed the grooves when putting the cover on when we swapped it over. got that fixed so the transmission is ready to go!! now to work on the engine.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
i started to do some sanding and priming a little while ago. i just became a contributor so now i can post some pics. here are some pics for ya. ive gotten farther than what these photos show but dont have pics yet. will get them soon.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
well got the gas tank put in the bronco and all hooked up now just need a few more things and she should be running!! need manifolds, spark plugs, and exhaust and we should be in business!!!! i cant wait to get her running. gonna need to make a trip up to David Lindemeyer's place for my wheels and tires!!

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
well i got more things done to ole brownie. got her a new starter, battery, solenoid, spark plugs, plug wires and ignition switch. i went to try and start it a few days ago but nothing happened. later on that night yellowbronc came over and found out the battery was dead. something was drawing the power from the battery. took a look at the alternator and there only 2 wires on the back of the alternator. fixed that problem and got a new battery and that is what was drawing the power. tried to start it again and nothing. took a look at the starter and it looked right. we dropped the starter to test it and nothing. starter didnt work. took it into napa and they tested the starter and they got it to run 3-4 times. well i had stripped the bolt on the starter so they swapped out the starter for me. got that installed today but still nothing. i even got a new starter cable just to see if it was the cable but no. so now im stuck. yellowbronc is coming over later and we will see what we can do. if anybody has any suggestions please let me know i need all the help i can get.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would check the starter relay., if that works ok then there might be something wrong with the ignition switch.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
haha it was something simple everything worked right. since i have a manual didnt figure we need the nuetral safety switch. well that is what it was we bypassed and she started right up!! thanks for the help everybody.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
man this has been a slow build but its going to be for a little while. went to start it about 2 weeks ago and the battery is dead. there is a short somewhere. well i took the top off and clean all the extra part out of the back. i have gotten all the paint stripped off the top. put new sealer on the lip of the top and sometime this week i will prime the top.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
i just order some motor mounts, brake lines, NP 435 tunnel cover and manifold hardware. just waiting for them and then there is a few things done to ol' brownie!!

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
well I got the motor mounts installed and the brake lines but now I have a leak somewhere in my brake lines. I also had my bronco top sanded down to bare metal and i primed it last night. Pics will come soon!!