• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Northwest Fab Black Box

Amac70

ME
from northwest fab

The BlackBox will fit directly up to transmissions that have the 'standard' 6 bolt mounting pattern either cast into the back of the trans (Jeep AW4 Style) or on the back of the correct mounting adaptor (C6, AOD).

In almost all ford automatics that apply to what you guys are doing, ford hid the transmission governor inside the adaptor, so you can't just remove it entirely. Not only would the governor have nowhere to go, you still have 4-6" of tailshaft hanging out that wont fit inside the Blackbox, or any other transfer case.

We can generally provide a SHORTER adaptor, but you still need a mounting adaptor.

AOD & C6 - Either 203, 205, 208, 1356 applications the Blackobx will direct bolt up to the back of the stock mounting adaptor.

ZF5 is direct bolt up, back of the trans has the correct pattern.

NP435 from a fullsize, it will bolt up to the stock adaptor, but the stock adaptor is pretty long (7"+). The Bronco 435 needs an Advance adaptor and different spline tailshaft. Advance has some pretty short kits that we can provide of only about 4.25" long, for less than $500.

Bronco C4, requires either a Advance 50-8100 adaptor and tailshaft (6.25" long, will retain automatic function) or a 50-2903 short (3.5" long requires full manual valve body, governor removed). We can provide package pricing on the Blackbox and any of the adaptors you need for a package price.
The AA 50-8100 6.25" adaptor is 1.25" shorter than your stock C4/20 adaptor, so the adaptor and Blackbox only push your T case back 3.75". This may do quite a few of you some favors in the front driveline department. Not to mention the BlackBox will allow you to clock your D20 up or down !

So keep in mind if you consider an AOD/C6 or ZF5 an upgrade over what trans you have, they don't require any further adaptors. What you may spend in transmission upgrade, you might save in having less parts to buy.

-Kyle
NWF.

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
from northwest fab

Bronco C4, requires either a Advance 50-8100 adaptor and tailshaft (6.25" long, will retain automatic function) or a 50-2903 short (3.5" long requires full manual valve body, governor removed).-Kyle
NWF.

That sux!
That puts the price to close to an atlas

I think I'm gonna call O'brien next week

Thanks for the info.. I liked the idea of 3 speeds too:cry:

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I believe the D300 adapter allows the box to bolt up to the C4- I run a 4wd AOD so mine bolts right up