• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI swap question

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I am onto the last two things to hook up on all the mechanical side for my efi swap then just mount my ecm.

question 1. In the lower intake of my cobra intake at the back, there is about a 1" hole that goes into the intake. What is the hole and what goes in it or do I need to get to plug it up.

question 2. Has anyone else had any problems with the VSS switch going into the Dana 20 housing. The switch I got acts like it is a bit too big to go in. Any suggestions?

noslo5o

Question #1 Pcv Valve you will need the grommet as well as the valve.
attachment.php

Question #2 Whats the VSS out of or supposed to fit? Pictures would help.

OP
OP
Kyle.malone

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Quoted from FordFuelInjection.com "Some people go without a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), which is all right. Not everyone needs one, if you
have an automatic transmission.
If you have a manual
transmission, it could stall when you disengage the clutch.
Installing the VSS is not difficult, it will help the engine
run smoother when coming to a stop and sitting at
stoplights. Take off your old speedometer cable, and
install the old plastic drive gear onto the VSS. The typical
Ford speed sensor will plug into the Dana 20 transfer case
used on all early Broncos. The old speedometer cable will
not plug into the VSS. You will need a cable from an
early 80's full-size Bronco with cruise control."

I have a C4. Do I really need to hook this up or should I just leave it unplugged and run my electric speedo like I have been. What have you done with the VSS those of you that are running autos?

OP
OP
Kyle.malone

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Question #1 Pcv Valve you will need the grommet as well as the valve.
attachment.php

Question #2 Whats the VSS out of or supposed to fit? Pictures would help.

That picture is worth a thousand words. I can't get any pics right now on the VSS, I'm suppose to be watching the kids..hehe

OP
OP
Kyle.malone

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I am not running the stock speedo. I am running an autometer electric speedo that also runs on a pulse and not driven by the gear. I have seen these both, but they will not work for me. I have also called Wild horses and they don't have anything that will work with my setup. I even called autometer and they don't have anything either. I am just trying to figure out my options.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
I am not running the stock speedo. I am running an autometer electric speedo that also runs on a pulse and not driven by the gear. I have seen these both, but they will not work for me. I have also called Wild horses and they don't have anything that will work with my setup. I even called autometer and they don't have anything either. I am just trying to figure out my options.

So what did you find out? I'm in the same position now.