• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CAD dash drawing

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I've been searching or a while to no avail...

I am making a dash overlay for my 68 and I am hoping someone has a basic cad drawing I can start from. I started taking measurements and realized my dash is a bit off/tweaked in regards to the steering column hole - BIG hole that wraps below the dash and uses a cover plate.

All I'm really looking for is the outside dimension and the steering cutout. Speedo holes would be helpful but not necessary.

Am I coorect that the corner braces on the dash taper in at the top? Or is mine tweaked? Should they be parallel?

Thanks for any assistance!

HollywoodC

I did mine on powerpoint and it came out great. Its got the steering column hole and all the after market gauge holes. I found powerpoint makes it easy to adjust the design and position.
Of course I couldn't print it out in all one piece so I had to do it in sections then tape them together for one large over lay piece.
If your interested in the powerpoint template just PM me.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I got some measurements off mine for the overall dims, steering column opening, and gauge opening.

Not great accuracy, I used a regular tape measure, but it should be a good starting point. Stuff varies so much with Bronco's anyway that even if I get dead on accurate dims it would not necessarily be an exact fit for your Bronco anyway.

PM me your email address, I'm going to sketch it up in CAD and I'll send you the file. Let me know what format you prefer as well.

Also look at this photo for info an the stock dash layouts. I've heard it's not perfectly accurate either, but you could use it to sketch in the positions of things.

Attachments

• Dash layout.jpg
    Dash layout.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 162

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Never mind the email, I forgot I can file share directly. Upper corner of the page is a "download" button. If it's not the right format I can change it.

Download from this link: LINK

brianburks

CAD file request

were you able to complete the CAD file? If so I sure would like a copy. It can be any dwg or dxf format up to AutoCAD 2012.

Thanks,

Brian

I got some measurements off mine for the overall dims, steering column opening, and gauge opening.

Not great accuracy, I used a regular tape measure, but it should be a good starting point. Stuff varies so much with Bronco's anyway that even if I get dead on accurate dims it would not necessarily be an exact fit for your Bronco anyway.

PM me your email address, I'm going to sketch it up in CAD and I'll send you the file. Let me know what format you prefer as well.

Also look at this photo for info an the stock dash layouts. I've heard it's not perfectly accurate either, but you could use it to sketch in the positions of things.