• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ballistic res. or not

74fiberglass

I got a centech harness and the petronix ign. and flame thrower coil , the instr. dont say whether or not to use the bal. rest. or not with this coil as i am runnig a aftermarket harness. I have it running but i got a extra wire
(white coil+ ) Some one has to be using this same set-up. I am just tryin to wire this correct. Thankx

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Ballistic Resistor? I think I saw them open for Ronnie James Diode once.;)

If the coil doesn't say either way then I would use the resistor.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru

If the coil doesn't say either way then I would use the resistor.

I would say that dates you, oh and yea me too! To funny VW!!:) Makes me wonder who else knows who your talking about?

frenchy

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK

That literally made me laugh out loud. Dog looked at me like "WTF?"

Ronnie James Diode - that's great.

The whole ballast resistor thing with aftermarket or even OEM harnesses has always been a confusion. I've yet to see a straightforward explanation.

OP
OP

74fiberglass

ok I didn't check my spellllling and could not edit it!! LOL
Now back to the topic

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As Viperwolf stated it depends on your coil/igintion system. most require a balast resistor those that dont usually have them built in. If I remember correctly the pertronix coils have them built in check there website it should tell you for sure. but the ignitor itself needs a full 12V.

Last edited: