• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame swap question

lillsteve

Loc.
Granbury, TX
I am wondering if anyone knows if there is difference between a 74 and 77 Bronco frame other than the age?

I inherited a spotless 74 frame with a fiberglass tub that I bought and am considering putting it under my 77 Bronco if it will fit. Ideas?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Trac bar bracket is the only differance. might need a early type trac bar(pre76) to use the 74 frame.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Frame tracbar mount maybe slightly different.
Also VIN may be on a different location on the framerail.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
'77 also has a different main fuel tank strap.
Fuel filler neck is different on the '77 (shorter and hidden uner fuel doors)

Maybe a few odds and ends for a charcoal canister and the like.

OP
OP
L

lillsteve

Loc.
Granbury, TX
Thanks, it sounds like a couple of little things but the advantage of being able to drive my Bronco while I prep a second frame sounds really good to me. I have the title for both frames so that should not be an issue. Thanks again.

suckerpunched

you probably already know this, but if you register it as a 74 when your done, in Ca. you dont have to smog it anymore.