• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

N-head headers

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I believe your going to be stuck with customs as theres nothing out there for those heads I do believe that ford racing sells or sold flanges for them so you might be able to get some flanges then adapt to come current headers although I have a feeling that the primary size would probably be 1 3/4" So again your probably a bit out of luck for something off the self and fitting a bronco.
I'd probably find another set of heads.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No off the shelf headers exist. I have ran N-heads before, the N352s on a 330" stroker. The exhaust flanges are a pain, not just the flanges, but even finding gaskets. It was an OK head, but after all was said and done, I wish I just did a set of aluminum instead. That head was build for circle track racing in classes that require a cast iron head. There are a bunch of other odd little parts that go with it. offset intake rocker arms and special guideplates (when I was done I had a few dislikes for the design and the side loading that occurs due to the offset and angle of the pushrod, thrust is not in line with direction of travel, bad for long term durability). And special correct length hardened pushrods. But the 10° valve angle has stupid amounts of clearance to the piston. They make special pistons just for those heads that are flat tops with NO valve reliefs. True flat tops.

OP
OP
R

ripcityracing

This is a motor I have left over from my circle track days. I sold everything else but kept this motor. It only had a few races on it and it has special huge pushrods and a jesel type rocker system that corrects pushrod angle. It has the true flat top pistons and runs like a raped ape. It just sits in the corner of the shop and wants to go into my bronco. I have flanges and no problem with gaskets but none of the exhaust shops around here are interested in building custom headers for me even for $$$$.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
This is a motor I have left over from my circle track days. I sold everything else but kept this motor. It only had a few races on it and it has special huge pushrods and a jesel type rocker system that corrects pushrod angle. It has the true flat top pistons and runs like a raped ape. It just sits in the corner of the shop and wants to go into my bronco. I have flanges and no problem with gaskets but none of the exhaust shops around here are interested in building custom headers for me even for $$$$.

Buy a weld together header kit and get to weldin.... I've done a bunch of them for aps that have no off the shelf design that fits. Last set were 36" 1-3/4" primary equal length for our Ulra 4 off road race car.

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
I have been speaking to and working on my bronco header with Mark at shoenfeld headers and he has a EB, and is really interested in developing either a in frame or out of frame fenderwell type OR both in 1 3/4 primaries and to try and help those of us with special issues like raised port heads etc. his EB is broken right now and if enough of us call him he might be motivated to set a 351w block in for mock up . he also has several heads such as the n and z304 on hand, btw he has header flanges for almost every sbf head combo if not all of them. right now he wants me to mark changes in my 1 1/2 headers ( either duffs or toms not sure but there the one that allow you to easily deal with the starter.) mark them for overall added lowering at collector and any other changes and note on them areas of clearance issues and a few photos of them installed then send them to him and he will make a copy in 1 3/4 with the noted mods, my install is a 408w with the z304 cnc heads with 3/4" raised exhaust ports ,I have a 1" body lift but if they work out I am sure others here could use the header, also if you crudely rough something out he can build a new one around what you roughed out. I got the 1 1/2 headers in but besides really restricting the motor on the passenger side they need push towards the trans more and also there is one tube just touching the firewall above the frame rail and the collector needs to drop about a 1/2 to 3/4 so its not so tight to the transfer case crossmember on the driver side the only real issue is one tube had to be persuaded away from the motor mount some and the collector again needs to drop down some and moved a 1/4"toward the center to get off the frame rail now. anyway the long and short of it is Mark is very helpful and they can even scan existing headers for a digital copy then work with it to go 1 3/4 primaries if you got 1/2" of room everywhere already. so all in favor of some 351w 1 3/4 headers call mark and motivate mark !!! and he would probably do a off the shelf at a very reasonable cost for us all.