• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New cam in EFI 5.0

broncotwister

I've got an 1980 302 that I want to put flat top pistons and change the cam, I'm trying to get more horsepower and torque. Has anyone changed the cam on an EFI to a mild RV or ??? and still been able to tune it? If so what cam did you use and where can I get some info on cams that will work with EFI. Any help would be appriciated

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd consider the 1980 engine as a 302 not a 5.0 but that just me. I usually consider 5.0 as having one piece rear seal and 50 oz balance. your 80 should still be 2 piece rear seal and 28 oz balance. not that it makes any differance.
I believe quite a few people have used the edelbrock performer flat tappet cam with EFI with no issues. Of course another question is what EFI setup are you planning on running? Some setups might have issues.

OP
OP
broncotwister

broncotwister

I'm new to the fuel injection system stuff, but I really want to put it in my '66 so I'm looking for as much info as possible, I would appreciate it