• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust Comparisions - Videos

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I wanted to start a thread where we can compare different exhaust. Especially for those of us who are currently building our EB. I would like to get people to list specifics for their system, Engine Size, Headers, Mufflers and Pipe Size. Then if you can attach a video so we can hear what that combination sounds like. Everyone has different taste and desires on how they want their EB to sound. If you dont get the opportunity to hear what different set ups sound like, how do you know.

Thanks

Scott
"Flying Tiger"

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I can't log onto Youtube currently but I have uploaded my 331 Stroker running for the first time. It has Long tube Hedmann Headers withe 2" pipe going back to dual 40 series Flowmaster mufflers dumped.

Search 331 Stroker in a bronco and it should be at the top on youtube. Maybe someone can post a link for me since I'm at work.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I think all I have is the axle wrap video.... but the camera is right next to the exhaust

302, RV Cam, WH headers, 2.25 dual exhaust w/ 40 series Flowmasters plumbed out the back.....

http://vimeo.com/34276757

exhaust9.JPG

exhaust8.JPG

exhaust10.JPG

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Here's a few setups I've run:

Here's a vid of my 2into1 that I did on my blue truck (with a3 chamber magnaflow):

FYI I used about six feet of 2.5" pipe, two 90* elbows, two collectors and a quick dump for a tailpipe:

[youtube]u98OuHwFWys[/youtube]

I got a lot of drone from this setup so I swapped the muffler for a Walker Quiet Flow 21400 is great! Sounds like a truck again. The muffler is a monster at 29" long.

The sound is way more subdued than the other mufflers. Not whisper quiet (I dont think thats possible) but no where near as annoyingly loud as it was before. Cruising at 40+ and all I can hear is the wind and the tires.

Here's the specs on the muffler:

Cost $120
Body Configuration : Dual Offset Inlets - Center Outlet
Body Diameter : 7" x 9"
Body Length : 29"
Muffler Inlet I.D. : 2 1/2"
Muffler Outlet I.D. : 2 3/4"
Muffler Shell Overall Length : 24"

Lifetime warranty too. Here's this one for comparison.

[youtube]rfUMYvGibRA[/youtube]

Here's the last bronco. Version 1 was mildly built 302 with long tubes and 2.5" exhaust with generic 18" glasspacks routed straight out the back:

[youtube]tM4sv_RnVNY[/youtube]

I swapped out the glasspacks for Summit Turbo mufflers, added an H pipe and routed the exhaust out behind the rear tires. This one was the best of the bunch - low rumble, not loud...just perfect.

[youtube]njlFsDiG0xw[/youtube]

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Anybody else wanna add to this? Pretty interesting so far and getting some good ideas on which direction to go with exhaust.

Scott

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Red one has a stock 302, edelbrock intake and carb with Dual Flowmaster 40's.

The yellow one has a fairly stock 302 with a small edelbrock cam, headers and edelbrock carb and intake with Magnaflow two into one.

The flowmasters will drive you nuts if you drive it a lot and have a drone. The magnaflows sound sweet and they are quiet unless you stomp on it then they have a really nice tuned sound.

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
I've got magna flow's 2 into 1 on my 74. I have a well built 351W with edelbrock cam, trick flow upper and lower, and 69 mach1 heads, and james duff long tube headers. I think it's too quiet for such a nicely built engine/bronco. I'm changing the duff long tubes out for BC's shortys and will install dual flow masters with an H pipe.

Luke

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
I wanted something quiet, but with some sort of tone. (Got tired of people asking me if the Bronco had a six.)

Went with a Flowmaster 70 Series, which is a very large muffler designed for modern SUVs and trucks. It's a tight fit, but the results were great. Stock 302; two-into-one including catlytic converter; 2 1/2" pipe to the stock exit location behind the right rear tire.

You can just hear a little bit of that Flowmaster sound, but it's by no means what you'd call "loud." The cat probably does reduces the sound a bit too, so I imagine it's even quieter than a non-cat Bronco would be. I also have a fair bit of insulation and Dynamat inside, as well as carpeting, so a more spartan interior would obviously make it more noticeable to the driver.

If you want your Bronco quiet, I highly recommend this muffler.

Eventually I'll have some video of it to share.

ChrisC74

Stroppe-Envy, would very much like to hear your setup when you get a chance to post the video.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Stroppe-Envy, would very much like to hear your setup when you get a chance to post the video.

I got some video put up on YouTube, but can't seem to crack the code here to embed as part of a post.

Last edited:

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Here is a short one of my '70. I didn't gun it too much and it sounds better under load.

It's all PO set up so I don't know specifics, but I think it's a stock 302, stock exhaust manifolds, straight glass packs going out to the sides at the rear.

[youtube]-L-o_2_p_kE[/youtube]

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
I can't post a vidio right now cuase the PS stearing box and pump are out. But, I am running a healthy 351W with long tube headers into 2.5" dual exhuast with no place to put an H pipe.
The mufflers are Edlebrock RPM series. I don't even know if they still sell them. Thier stainless with a lifetime waranty.
Hands down the best sounding exhuast I have ever heard.
At an idle and up to about 2600 rpm it has a beautifull deep rumble with no resonace. Upwards from there, it starts to sound like strait headers. It's like flipping a switch. Nice sound down low and really loud when I want it revved up.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Here is mine. I have a Ford 400 with Aussie 302 heads, 265DEH Cam from Comp. I built my own 2 into 1 exhaust. 2.5" pipe coming off the stock 400 exhaust mannys coming into a Y and exiting into a single 3" pipe. Magnaflow 12216 muffler.

[youtube]A9SCPItAcig[/youtube]

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Thought I would bring this thread back up. Always good to see and hear different set ups. Describe your set up in detail. Then shoot a video.

Thanks

Last edited: