• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost Mounting Bracket

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i bought the one from ant0289, it looks more like the powerboost brake setup. btw post pics of that fairlane.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Fairlane

Almost done after 15 years %).. plan on driving it for the first time this summer. ;D

Attachments

• Fairlane.jpg
    Fairlane.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Thanks Brother Bundy! I'll have to come down to Capo and do some burnouts this summer! Ever do any beach camping down your way?

Bundy

Bronco Guru
you know it- I'm 7 minutes from San Onofre and 2 minutes from Doheny.

BG's 68 Bronco

I have used Talons' HB bracket for the my 67-72 C-10. Was it $150? Can't remeber, but it looks good and works great. No issue. I think I also picked up some of the aluminum hose clamps. They work/look nice also.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 171
  • after engine 9.jpg
    after engine 9.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Bundy - Let's plan a trip. You have to book those well in advance I'm guessing.

BG - Nice looking rig! It does not look like that bracket would work with an EFI manifold though. Not that I have one but it's on the list. I broke down and bought the angle bracket on ebay for $130

Attachments

• hb.jpg
    hb.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 121

Dusty

Bronco Guru
It looks like an exact duplicate of the Hydratech bracket. If it is, it IS compatible with the EFI plenum.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
The one from Tallon Dusty? Maybe I should have gone with that option.

Yes if that's the same one you linked to on SCB. It looks identical to the Hydratech bracket. If it IS an exact knock-off, you're good to go. The Hydratech one was designed to accomodate many different combinations, including 302 or 351, EFI or no EFI, etc. It tilts the hydroboost unit slightly toward the outboard side to make it fit with the Ford EFI plenum right next to it.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Todd Z has posted up some words of warning about this Tallon outfit, under the same discussion currently going on the SCB email list. I would tend to heed Todd's warning. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the warning. The bracket from ebay should work well. Now I just need to figure out the hose situation. Anyone know the thread size on the hydroboost? Prob just do some teflon braided hoses from Jegs.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I'm not sure what that bracket does for you. Here's a pic of a mounting bracket/plate I made for motoman (which is the same I made for myself). Remove the big nut on the backside of the booster, and mount the booster to the firewall using the stock mounting bolts.

See his Hydroboost install here.
http://www.emotoman.com/4x4/hydroboost/hydroboost.html

Attachments

• Hydroboost Mounting Plate.jpg
    Hydroboost Mounting Plate.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I'm not sure what that bracket does for you. Here's a pic of a mounting bracket/plate I made for motoman (which is the same I made for myself). Remove the big nut on the backside of the booster, and mount the booster to the firewall using the stock mounting bolts.

If you want to add stock Ford EFI you need to move it over on the firewall or use an angle bracket (this is my understanding).

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Steve:

I'm assuming you didn't enlarge the hole on the firewall for the snout of the hydroboost unit to fit through? Your plate will work fine (I currently have a BC Broncos plate which is nearly identical) with the Explorer intakes like you and I have but won't clear the Mustang EFI upper which is what the Hydratech bracket was originally designed to clear.

The initial design criteria for the Hydratech bracket was that it had to clear the Mustang EFI upper manifold (Explorer engines weren't hardly on the landscape when it was designed), no hole cutting/enlarging required on the firewall, and utilize the stock firewall mounting holes. There were then some additional brackets designed to clear 351Ws, tall valve covers, aftermarket motor mounts, etc. When you start out designing something like this for mass consumption, the amount of configurations in the Bronco world can be staggering.

Dusty alluded to my comments regarding Tallon. To put it in terms that nearly everyone on this list can understand - sending your $$ to Tallon is akin to ordering a soft top from Saddleup. Hopefully, legal action will help take care of them, but in the spirit of supporting upstanding, legitimate businesses, I would recommend taking your business elsewhere.

Todd Z.

Last edited:

70_Steve

Old Guy
I'm assuming you didn't enlarge the hole on the firewall for the snout of the hydroboost unit to fit through? Your plate will work fine (I currently have a BC Broncos plate which is nearly identical) with the Explorer intakes like you and I have but won't clear the Mustang EFI upper which is what the Hydratech bracket was originally designed to clear.
Todd, Yes I did have to enlarge the hole slightly, to accomodate the nut. I didn't have to enlarge much, and did what was needed with a file.

When you start out designing something like this for mass consumption, the amount of configurations in the Bronco world can be staggering.
Which is why, more and more, I'm tending to build my own parts, or have them built to my specs.

hc37180

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Todd, Yes I did have to enlarge the hole slightly, to accomodate the nut. I didn't have to enlarge much, and did what was needed with a file.

Which is why, more and more, I'm tending to build my own parts, or have them built to my specs.

Going to rez this thread, Steve I read the writeup over at Motoman's page, great write-up. If I understand your methods correctly you basically shaped the mounting plate to match up with Five bolt holes on the firewall? Also it looks like you cut out a curve to match the shape of that piece of the firewall where the stock MC bolts to? Any chance you have a nice template already made up and in an electronic format? Worth asking.....
Thanks for any info