• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally synced wiper motors

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
So I had been working on a way to sync up the wiper conversion from Tom's and Wildhorses. I did make a switch setup that would do the job but I made it out of used parts and it would cost more than the switch that wildhorses now offers. So I started searching for a switch and finally found one that works. It's a Cole Hersee switch 75601-14 I bought mine from AM equipment.com part #311-1026 sorry don't know how to link the web site(funny I can figure out this switch but not this). It's on sale for $87.36 right now and could be found at other parts stores. This is a intermittent switch that does sync up both motors and uses a standard knob unlike the rocker switch that is offered and about half the price. Wiring goes as red-battery, orange-passenger low speed, blue-drivers park, yellow-drivers low speed, grey-passenger high speed, black-ground, white-drivers high speed, brown-washer, purple-passenger park. Hope this helps some others out.

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
By the way this was not meant to knock the switch that Wild hoses sales or them just an alternative and to stop me from going mad watching one wiper going down while the other goes up.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Ordered my switch yesterday....thanks for the heads up. Been debating WH unit for over a year now, but was never sure how to mount the rectangular thing. Have you done the install yet???? If so, what is the easiest way to do it?? You don't have to remove the dash or the gauge cluster or anything, do you?? Does the current switch just get loosened and dropped down under the dash??

Any info/pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pops

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Easy swap just take the knob off and unscrew the attaching nut from the front then pull switch out from back install is just done in reverse. As far as wiring I just ran all new wires from the switch to the motors using the wiring colors listed early just seemed easier then trying to mess with the stock wiring plus this is what you end up doing when you go to these wiper motors anyway the only thing I did use from the stock wiring was the power. Hope this helps I did run the system for about 20 minutes to make sure they stayed in sync and there where no problems. If you have any other questions just ask. Will try and post some pic's this weekend.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Yea, any pics? Also, what kind of connections are on the back of the switch? Blade or screw? I've got the two motor set up completely installed and working but due to an unexpected complete motor rebuild haven't used them in the rain yet. I ran all new wiring and it's all coded and mapped, if it's blade connections I could do the swap real fast and simple.

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
apachetech I have the motors that Tom's sells which is the same as WH, Tedster100 the switch uses blades inside of a large connection that you can use a regular female blade connector the only difference you have to do with your wiring would be run a separate parking wire right now they should be combined.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the research as well! I was looking into this awhile back as well and actually found a very similar switch to the one that Wild Horses sells with their kit and was shocked at how expensive it was. Something like $200+ for each switch. :eek:

Definitely gonna check into this one. ;D

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Yeah AFI the company that makes the motors has there own switch that usually sells for around three hundred should be the someone that WH sells. If it is at least you get a price break by buying for WH.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
My only fear with this switch is gonna be if it is possibly too big to fit how I hqve things set up.

Gonna find out though because I sorta like the look of old and new blended together! ;D

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
hey broncoitis, got a Link? Or how much$ for switch? Thnx

Badmustang seems to have most of this figured out already says that the motors are made by AFI.

As for the switch that he is referring to, I was able to find it for $69 or so at a place close to me. They are gonna have to order it but they can get it.

Superior Distributing co. 201-797-9490

Part #: Cole Hersee (75601-14)

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
The local napa could have ordered it and it would have been cheaper but they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks and AM equipment is close by me. Heres a couple of pictures of the switch as for the wiring on the motor there are three terminals the one closes to the motor its self is the self park next down is low speed and at the bottom is the high speed as stated earlier you can use the wiring kit from Tom's you just need to separate the park circuit. It does not make a difference which motor you make what just match up all your wires to each one low, high and park and wire as listed in the first post. I can make up a diagram if needed just let me know. The switch does not come with a knob but your stock knob will work.

Attachments

• easter 027.jpg
    easter 027.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 586
  • easter 028.jpg
    easter 028.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 457

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
BadMustang,

I wish the Easter Bunny left stuff like that for me! :D

Anyway, have you figured out a source for the wiper motors or are you just going with the vendor kits?

OP
OP
badmuttstang

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I wish the easter bunny would have left me something that was one of the four easter baskets my daughter got. As far as the motors I am using the vendors kit as its what I already had. I have seen the AFI motors listed on ebay for around $40 each new. I do have a lead on a set of motors thou that a buddy at Napa said might work. So I will look into them the one thing I will say the AFI motors have going for them is they are marine grade so water should not be an issue.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Do you know the part # on the AFI Motors? Just lookin to save some money hopefully but it never seems to work out. LOL! Ends up costing me money. %)

I will check Ebay. Thx.