• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

crack in carb part

evn73

I am currently rebuilding the carb and noticed that a part on the Booster Venturi is cracked. its one of the brass stalks. see the crack running from the hole down? Do i need to replace it?

636f0c4a.jpg

here she is

1188809333_l.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I've got one I can send you, will be next week thou I'll be gone until monday. PM me your address and I get it sent out one day next week.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the emulsion tube and yes,,you need to replace that assy. I've been seeing a lot of them cracked like that and I'm running out of good carbs to rob the parts from.

OP
OP
evn73

evn73

Im still looking for this part to get my truck running. Ive found one but it was cracked too. Is there a way to remove one of the tubes from each assembly and make a good one?

If not does anyone have one i could buy off you? Id cover cost and shipping

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Nah you dont need to replace it you need to sell me your bronco as it will never run right again. Lol Thats a nice bronco.
If we knew where you were located you might have someone close by that has the part your in need of.

OP
OP
evn73

evn73

Nah you dont need to replace it you need to sell me your bronco as it will never run right again. Lol Thats a nice bronco.
If we knew where you were located you might have someone close by that has the part your in need of.

thanks. but i think ill keep her. just need to find that part. im in north alabama btw

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I found a complete carb in a yard for $10. It was an F150 but you can get them from Mustangs, trucks, vans etc. Just get one that is stick or auto to match your car.

I had to get another one because mine had become welded in place and could not be removed to clean!

OP
OP
evn73

evn73

i think Pony Carb is closed. can anyone confirm?

Im having alot of trouble finding this part. can anyone help?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is killin me..I have so many carb cores its not funny but I just went through the entire stack and not a single one of the 2150s without the integral power valve metering setup (from '78 on?) ..and about a dozen or more that do have it.

I'll keep looking..

OP
OP
evn73

evn73

hey guys i hate to say it but my bronco has been sitting in the garage uncranked for almost 2 years now. i usually only drive it in the summer but last july we had a little girl so no time to work on it. but now im ready to get her running again.

im still looking for this carb part. anyone know when i can get it?