• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Priming efi lines/pumps/rail

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At the last stretch here for initial start and want to make sure I can get fuel to the rail.

-I have LP fuel pump and HP pump with the one way valve and the BC accumulater and BC tank (pre in-tank efi pump).

-What is the best way to prime the system for initial startup?

Thanks, BI

ransil

Bronco Guru
Cycle the key a half dozen times, pause a few seconds between.
Gauge hooked up will tell you when its good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Ransil.

-I have been waiting for almost 4 years to do this and when I get back from work (Tues). I hope to hear some SWEET 5.0 sounds!!

Thanks,
BI

mattt

Bronco Guru
There is one wire in the EEC test plug that if you ground it I think, it will run the fuel pump full time. I don't remember which one....but you can probably find the answer on sbftech.com in Joel's forum.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
If you are not getting fuel bump the schrader valve a few times with the pump running - I couldn't get fuel when I first tried firing my motor.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you gentlemen.

-I will read this info tonight and tomorrow night (at work) so I can have my "A Game" on for start day. I appreciate all the assistance.

BI