• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bcb windshield brace install..

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
d0b43807-e5e0-6e08.jpg

d0b43807-e5f6-9628.jpg

Thought id post a couple pics to show what i did to make the brackets work with my best top bikini top. Any thoughts on the install? Do you see any issues that come from how mines done?

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Yeah i noticed that also... Im thinking i cant cut off the remainder of the threads but it still has me a lil worried... Every other thought i had put the brackets to low.

kiteoregon

It also looks like that bolt head could rub through your top. Maybe the solution would be to weld some small tabs on the bar so the bolt head is not rubbing on the top. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Yeah i think i'll look into making a tab for it. I have plenty of time to figure it out.. Pulling the front clip so i can re weld my core support. Do yall ever get the feeling your goin backwards when working on these old broncos?

markyyg

Contributor
Hijacked thread

Bronco work is like a parent saying that they are babysitting their own kids. Bronco work is just what you do. I refer to Bronco work as a perpetual state of hover. Hay Izzy good to here from you

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Something like this could be modified to work well on the bar without damaging the top or potentially causing injury.

Attachments

• 431.jpg
    431.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 18

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
You could also drill a hole in the rollbar from front to rear, instead of top to bottom. You are using a threaded rod, put either a nut and lock washer on, or a self locking nut, run rod through the roll bar and then put nut and lock washer on back side.

Scott

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
You could also drill a hole in the rollbar from front to rear, instead of top to bottom. You are using a threaded rod, put either a nut and lock washer on, or a self locking nut, run rod through the roll bar and then put nut and lock washer on back side.

Scott

I like that thought i dont think i have enough thread though... I would need a bolt on both sides

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like that thought i dont think i have enough thread though... I would need a bolt on both sides

You could add a turnbuckle if you don't have enough thread.

And even get snazzy with a bronze or chrome plated one or paint the color of your choice. Also makes way for easy adjustable tension to eliminate any rattle later on.

Attachments

• bronze_tb_body.gif
    bronze_tb_body.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
You could add a turnbuckle if you don't have enough thread.

And even get snazzy with a bronze or chrome plated one or paint the color of your choice. Also makes way for easy adjustable tension to eliminate any rattle later on.

Well the rod is long enough.. Its just that the thread doesnt go far enough down the rod to have a nut on both sides if that makes since.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Wow you guys are hi-tech. I've got a ratchet strap holding my windshield tight against the door frames to keep it from rattling.. lol.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Drill a new hole in the roll bar(only through the top side) over to the side where the bolt will not make a hole in the top and thread the hole and put a bolt in it.