• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Header Question????

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Guy has a set of shorty headers out of an 89 Bronco with an efi 302. Would these fit a non efi 302 in an EB???

Thanks
Scott

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Should fit the block. Even though a shorty header you may still have clearance issues with something, if anything most likely on driver side. They still are typically/usually made per make and model and may require mods on the truck for proper fit.

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Actually passenger side is usually the problem. A lot of them dump out right on top of the frame. I had a nice set of shorties, but sold them and got some long tube EB specifics. They do make EB shorties but they're not as "price comparable" as the others.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I know the mustang shorty headers dump onto the frame. Was just wondering since these are for a bronco, although a later model, if anyone had any experience with them.

Thanks
Scott

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Look at the passenger one. If the outlet is pointing more down, then it probably won't work without some "massaging". The EB needs one where the outlet is almost parallel to the head mounting.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I am thinking shorties are what I need because this is what I am going to mate it up to.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 25

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Anything can be made to fit, if you've got the time, tools, and imagination. That's going to look pretty wicked!! Good luck!