• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock Right

bluemonday

Loc.
South Louisiana
Has anyone had a Lock Right Locker in the 9" rear? Reason I am asking is the one I have in is very loud. My truck is up on jack stands, no drive shaft, turning the wheels by hand I can hear the clicking sound. It is full of Royal Purple 75-90 synthetic oil. Is this normal ??

Last edited:

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I believe that synthetic wont mask the sound as much. I used some 85-140 in mine and it really made a difference. very quiet now.

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
Are the wheels going in opposite directions or only one turning? Instead, turn the yoke and put power to both wheels u might have to put some resistance on one of the wheels, it will lock and the noise should go away and both tires will turn in the same direction, u should only hear the click when u coast & turn at low speeds the inside wheel will spin less than the outside. Its a ratchet locker so its going to make some noise.

OP
OP
B

bluemonday

Loc.
South Louisiana
My buddy who has a mechanic shop has one of those electric wheel turners. Meaning this machine you put against the tires and it turns the wheels while the truck is on jack stands. Flipping noisy. Sounds worse than you spinning a ratchet next to your ear. My drive shaft will be coming in Monday. I hope I didn't "f" up. Being cheap sucks. I hope the guy who build the 3rd. member is correct, he said it should get less as time goes. If not, it will be for sale or fish weight.