• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin stick question

shado72

Having a twin stick shifter set up put in this weekend. I have a dana 20 t shift in it now. Havent decided to do the internals to the case or not. The mechanic is charging me the same if I decide to do so. My only concern is from reading the older threads is that the shifter will slip out of gear when rolling or vice versa. I guess my question is,can u test the twin stick after mods to see if it will slip out of gear or does it need to be installed on the vehicle? Really don't want to use a bungee cord to tie shifter down.

Thanks for ur help!!!!

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
twin stick doesn't make a difference on slipping out of gear. If you have a Tcase problem the shifter doesn't cause it, maybe just amplifiy it a bit. I recomend you do a complete rebuild on the Tcase if you don't know for damn sure it has been done and done right. Get the new hardned intermidiate shaft at the time, money well spent in my opinion as most of the old ones show a lot of wear.

OP
OP
shado72

shado72

@ bad68 I know the tcase was rebuild just don't know if it was done with the upgraded parts. Thanks for the feedback!!!

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
I would find a J shift and save yourself a ton of work. I took out a J shift and put in a T shift because I thought they were the same, and just shifted differently. I am no longer able to use just front, or just rear wheel hi and low. I now have to use full four wheel drive in hi and lo. The J shift is going back in in June. I will have a nice rebuilt T shift for sale.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Change out those detent spring and have the internals redone too. May as well since it is out!