• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need to get a good 2.5 inch Lift kit next week...

DFWBroncoNewbie

I need some advice from my Bronco brothers. I’ve been looking around for a good 2.5 inch lift kit for my 76, is it possible to be all in for $800.00 including shipping? Since I live in Dallas I even thought about driving down to BC Bronco’s to pick it up to cut down on shipping costs. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on where to get a good lift kit for a good price?

Thanks for your help, Rob

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I bought my 2.5" lift from WH. The lift kit was about $700, but the shipping to Utah was another $150. On top of that I ended up buying new shackles, extended brake lines and an adjustable track bar.
So just keep in mind there always seems to be small expenses that you don't plan on.

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Okie1030 has a set of wild horses coils in the classifieds for $80. That's a good start. I'll have a set of 2" lift blocks you can have in a few weeks once I swap my new leaf packs in. Buy you a new 14 pc bushing set and you got a lift for way under $800. You can continue to improve it from there.

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I don't know much about the BC Broncos setup, but with gas prices, you may not save too much money by driving down. I have the WH 2 1/2 System 3 and I really like it. I have also considered the BC kit for the 67, but I'm not quite ready to shell out the cash.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I got the 2.5 coils and the 2 1/2 11 leaves rear spring pack from Wild Horses, I'm using Bilsteins shocks all around and C bushings with 7 degrees caster. If I had to do it over, I would pick the the 2.5 coils with the 3 1/2 11 rear.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
I need some advice from my Bronco brothers. I’ve been looking around for a good 2.5 inch lift kit for my 76, is it possible to be all in for $800.00 including shipping? Since I live in Dallas I even thought about driving down to BC Bronco’s to pick it up to cut down on shipping costs. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on where to get a good lift kit for a good price?

Thanks for your help, Rob

Just did an ad hoc 2.5 on my '76. Remember the longer shocks, C bushings, dropped brake lines, extended parking brake cables, and sometimes, extended driveshafts with a 2.5 lift. Oh, and an adjustable track bar is required to recenter the front axle.

Make sure you factor all this into the total price if its not in your kit.

Any of the major vendors that advertise on here could help you out, but if you can drive to pick up the stuff (and get follow up advice), we got a winner!

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

Thanks for all the suggestions! I was thinking about getting Tom's:
2.5" Suspension Lift Kit System - Stage 4, Price: $659.00. Does anyone have it and could tell me if it's worth the $$?

Should I just plan to get the longer brake lines, emergency line, and wait on the drive shaft?

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I went 3.5" but have been happy with my BCB springs. Plan on the brake lines, the longer park brake cables may not be necessary, depending on usage of Bronco. Stock cables will limit articulation, but may not be noticed in a primarily street ride. Broncos seem to vary a bit on driveshafts, some need extended at 2.5", yet others work fine with 3.5", so wait and check after spring install.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
extend brake lines yes longer ebrake cables probably not, longer driveshaft probably not.
I'd say just about any complete lift kit will be worth it over 30+ year old springs.

usaully longer driveshafts are not needed until 3.5in lifts or taller its a toss up on the 3.5in lifts but I dont think I've heard of anyone needing them with 2.5in lifts.
I'm running bc 2.5in rears with other 2.5in coils ride is way better than my old stock springs. but they have other springs now so I cant say the ride is the same. But I've never heard of anyone complain about the ride. I would also have picked 3.5in for the rear if I had to do it over again as I runa full hard top full sized spare 23 gal tank and carry tools and the rear sits lower than I like.

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

HI Folks,

As any good Bronco project, nothing goes as planned. As I get the SL and BL in , the back brake lines/E brake/ and rear drive shaft are too short! Time to pull out the wallet once more... I'll post some pics once this project is done.

While I was working on it I added a new 23 Gal tank and additional insulation to the firewall to kill any summer time heat.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
HI Folks,

As any good Bronco project, nothing goes as planned. As I get the SL and BL in , the back brake lines/E brake/ and rear drive shaft are too short! Time to pull out the wallet once more... I'll post some pics once this project is done.

While I was working on it I added a new 23 Gal tank and additional insulation to the firewall to kill any summer time heat.

Yep, the brake lines are a no brainer and they were probably very old anyway. The driveshafts are hit or miss on a 2.5 lift for a mall crawler. I lucked out on mine, just rebuilt the stock ones.

Which 23gallon tank did you buy and how did that work out??

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

HI Folks, Here are some pics of the truck with the SL before the BL. The 1' BL goes in this week, woo hoo. We raised the back over the front by 1 inch because I like that look. The original rear springs we took out of the back were totally worn out and the truck seemed to thank us once pulled.

Jeff - Sorry for the late reply, been traveling for work and am stuck in Toledo for the week (no offense Ohio folks!). The tank is from WH and it fit in like a glove! More pics to come once the BL is in...

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 42
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

HI Folks,

Lift is done! 3 1/2' SL in the back, 2 1/2' SL in the front + 1' BL. I put a larger lift in the back because of the spare tire and a 23 gal tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 47