• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Left dash panel

1tallpole

I am undergoing the replacement of my left dash panel on a 69 bronco. I have noticed a few deviations to my original.

1) drip lip that attaches to the cowl on the original has a 3/4" set back from the fire wall to the drip edge. The replacement has a 1/2". There is also no knoch on the outside edge. I foresee issues with the mounting of the pedal assembly. Not really a big deal, I flattened out the drip edge and will mount it under with proper set back.

2) The original electrical connectors are rectangular. The new panel there are round holes. Anybody know if the replacement wiring harnesses come with round or rectangle plugs that go through the fire wall. My wiring harness doesnt have any major problems as of now but if I upgrade later I would rather not have rectangle holes if I need round ones.

This replacement panel may be off a later model, anybody know of any other differences I should be aware of.

Your thoughts are appreciated.