• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb Fuel Pump and Reg combo Question

RobertC

Loc.
Phoenix
Hello all.

Installing a new 302 and taking some time to put in a few more extras while the motor is out.

I have always ran a mechanical fuel pump but I am going to run an electric one on this new motor. I have heard stories of sending to much pressure to the carb so I want to make sure I order the correct pump and reg combo.

I cant find the post but someone out there had links to summit parts, that fit the order.

Here is what I have:

Carter carb -
stock tank and stock sending unit.

I am assuming I need to 4-7psi pump what one is suggested?

What fuel pressure reg do you guys suggest? I head the mr gasket one tends to leak overtime. Also I noticed a lot of summits fuel regs have dual outputs- Can I block one side off?

Any one have starving issues under highway or hard acceleration? I know some of the expensive regulators have a vacuum line to prevent this.

Suggestions..?

thank you!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm using the carter 4070 pump and I'm having pressure issues (it seems to be overpowering my edelbrock carb). I'm looking for a decent regulator. The carter pump is also rather loud. I'm considering going back to mechanical if I can't figure something out quick.