• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removable hinges to swap factory and tube doors

BeardedBlues

I would like to be able use the removable hinges to swap the factory doors and tube doors depending on the weather. Will the removable hinges hold the weight of the factory doors? Will the doors swap out easily without adjusting and fine tuning? I don't want to buy 2 sets of removable hinges and still have to fight it.

Which removable hinges are the best quality?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had a couple versions. I think the Duff version is the best. I feel the large pin diameter is better for getting the doors rehung.

Getting them aligned the first time isn't the easiest. But once they are aligned I could pull doors on and off at will fairly easy. Even the small pin hinges only took a half dozen swings to work on or off.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
If you set the gaps on your full doors i wouldnt worry to much about the tube ones as long as they latch. My main concern would be making sure the full doors are set properly.

OP
OP
BeardedBlues

BeardedBlues

I called Duff and they said I would have to modify my tube doors to make their hinges work. My tube doors came from the group buy here on CB. Anyone else have to modify their tube doors to get the duff hinges to work?